Banned by Jeff at *****************!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He likes a squeaky clean forum. His site - he gets to set the rules. There are other sites, some by former A.S. members, who thrive on BS that might like it.

I got about 2 minutes into your video before I quit. If it was 'my site' and I did not ban you, I would have at a minimum placed you on some type of 'moderator approval required for posting' status. Lots of silly / bad / dumb / dangerous chainsaw stuff out on YouTube, but a site does not have to promote that stuff.

Philbert

Shoot I got banned from there for offering for sale some parts a guy was looking for because I wasn't a paying vendor on his site.

Always beware of posting vids on such sites. Everyone loves to be an armchair critic but some of us are a little nicer about it. Lots of good folk here at AS, (and a handful of not-so-nice), but one of my earlier pics of a tree I dropped showed me the hard lesson about posting visuals of my work!

his site.
Is the key point. His sandpit, his rules. If I hadn't of told them to shove their membership, I would have been banned shortly thereafter too. It's a pay to play kinda site. You either pay with $ or your silence. Either way the cost was way too high.

I was banned from that site to, Jeff was putting out some very bad misinformation and I called him on it, provided links to prove he was wrong, he banned me. He even emailed me and demanded a apology. I dont miss it a bit. I was right and he was wrong, and it hurt his feelings. He has his suckups, so called experts, that think they are special that like to team up and prove how smart they are and how dumb you are whether or not they know what they are talking about. I am pretty sure there are more than a few folks that visit both sites, so this thread will probably be discussed over there.

Always beware of posting vids on such sites. Everyone loves to be an armchair critic but some of us are a little nicer about it. Lots of good folk here at AS, (and a handful of not-so-nice), but one of my earlier pics of a tree I dropped showed me the hard lesson about posting visuals of my work!

I am the nicest one,,
Jeff

Sounds like a place I wouldn't last long in...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Okay, I waited months to cool off...I know this is a small world so I didn't want to "rock the boat."

I run a small ranch in Texas, and have been clearing a fenceline for 16 years by hand. It's more a hobby and a personal challenge than anything else. Been lurking on this and other related websites forever just interested in learning from people more experienced than me.

Well finally I decided to register at these same sites and posted an introductory video I thought was humorous showing me remove a stuck tree, clearly labeled "How not too".

Long story short, people at Arboristsite.com gave fair criticism and a lot of helpful tips. I even got an offer from a local (you know who you are) to let me come over and get some mentoring on proper techniques.

But Jeff at ***************** BANNED me! I never used vulgarity or anything like that, never suggested I was an expert. Maybe you guys can explain my sin, I thought I was telling a little joke. Frankly getting banned shocked the heck out of me.

EDIT: Forestry Forum dot com
I didn't see the video but I can tell you this. Whether this pertains to you or not, I'll say it. There's comedy in tree work but theres no comedy in doing something hazardous involving tree work. Even on a small, "safe" tree. You don't want the idea of doing stupid things for the sake of it. Every day at work I assess how many different ways I can die and how to prevent it. So there is some uptightness in this industry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have heard of people doing a 'trimming cut' on a stump before taking pictures.;) Honestly I know nothing about it ;)

Latest posts

Back