Bar and chain oil... Am I the only one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slamm

Slamm

Addicted to ArboristSite
That is a great point.

I fill my bar oil tank as if I will actually need that last drop, when every time I go to fill it up again, there is an 1/8 or so still in it.

It makes no sense, yet I still do it at least 1 in 4 times.

I have to command myself to not try and squeeze every last fluid ounce into the tank and therefore spill decent amounts of oil out of it as a result.

What is weird is that I don't really do this with the gas tank, at least not nearly as bad, maybe 1 in 20 fill-ups.

I would like to get a womans perspective on this because my wife would not do it and then make much fun of me for doing it. I don't think she ever over filled the oil tank, so possibly its a man thing, lack of confidence, trying to subconsciously overcome something else that I lack, I don't know. But I do have this disease.

What will the initials be??

Oil Spillers Anonymous = OSA

Sam

crane

crane

Addicted to ArboristSite
attachment.php

This works great for me

mtgrs737

mtgrs737

ArboristSite Operative
I have some farm store bar oil that came in quart bottles like gear oil, the spout makes it easy to squirt it into the oil tank. I just refill the quart bottles from my Stihl gallon jugs. Works for me.

clayman

clayman

ArboristSite Operative
How is bar and chain oil different from say 30 weight motor oil? :confused:

For years and years, and years and years, I used the oil that came from my car when I changed the oil in it. As for as I could tell it worked fine. Heck I didn't even know they made an oil for use on chainsaw bars.

I bought a gallon of bar oil when I purchased the 346XP. I notice it seems really thick and it pours slow so I am thinking it is a low viscosity oil of some kind.

Latest posts