bar/chain oil $$$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yooperman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Used up my old supply and I just dropped $7.98 on poulan bar oil at Wal-mart. It was $4.88 forever it seemed. Is it that high everywhere or did I just get screwed. It was way in back in the garden area. I thought oil came down.

If you just noticed, you must not be buying much oil. I feel for the guys that go through multiple gallons a week.:(

It doesn't surprise me. I was in Advance Auto to buy Mobile 1 about a month ago and it was $8 a quart!:jawdrop:

Yeah luckily I only go through 5 to 6 gallons a year. Used to buy a couple at a time when I'd go into Wal-mart. So it has gone up quite abit then. I thought maybe I bought the stuff labeled from the summer.

I saw that last night when I was there. I still have 6 gallon at home but that will only last another week or so at the rate I'm going. Hopefully my farm supply store hasn't gone up yet. If they haven't I'm buying 50 gallons. About 3-4 years ago I told dad lets buy 200 gallons it was $2.42 a gallon. He said or nuts. I would still be using that today and laughing at the price. Oh well hind site is 20/20

Scott

You could have bought bulk, and filled your buddies up for 3-4 bucks and made money too!

I was at the local hardware store and ended up with a 8$ gal for winter grade... he had a shelf full of summer but that pours like elephant snot under 35 degrees. I think that was 8 as well. He is a little high, but the wally world is about 35 miles away, and he is 6.

:cry: bought 6 gallons of stihl winter weight today at $12.50 each. OUCH. I'll use that in about 2 weeks. Anyone know where I can pick up a drum for cheap?

I got lucky today at a local Stihl dealer and got Stihl bar oil for $8.25 a gallon,everyone else around is $12.00 to $13.00 a gallon for Stihl oil.

Winter Oil

Yeah, I paid 12.25 for a gallon of Stihl winter oil. Ouch! But you gotta have it if you want to work in the cold weather.

A local dealer in our area sells it for $7 and some change per gallon, when I heard of the talk of Stihl oil selling for upwords of $12 a gallon I got a case of winter and a case of regular. I might just get a few extra cases.

I used the Tractor Supply stuff for quite awhile. But the last few gallons sucked. Last summer I bit the bullet and bought husqvarna bar oil at 12.50 gal. Much better oil. I happened to stop at a Jred/Husky dealer in a small town we do a farm market at and he had husky bar oil for 7.00 a gal. I bought 5 cases of summer and 2 winter over the course of the summer.
A closer husky dealer is at 9.00 a gal, which is still the same price or cheaper than the no name in the big box stores around here.

It's been a few months ago since I bought some of the Wally Oil and I think it was a little over $5.00 a gal. I've got about seven gallons of it and I only burn about three cords a year so it should last me a long time. I might check when I go back and buy a couple more gallons if it hasn't gone up too much.

As posted in another thread a few weeks old, I picked up Stihl bar oil $40 per case, that comes to $6.66 per gallon. I stocked up with 2 cases for me and my FIL. We only use about a case a year between the both of us.

i picked up 6 gallons of the poulan from wally world at 5.10 about two weeks ago. went there yesterday and it was 8.00 a gallon:censored: go figure. oh well that six gallon and the 4 gallon of stihl and tsc and ill be set for all year:clap:

Latest posts

Back