bar/chain to dolmar7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOLMARnorway

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I seek help to find the bar and chain to fit my newly purchased 7900 it comes with 18 "bar 3/8. I can mount the 325 on this?

D009 is the bar mount. The large husky mount is the same size. I don't know why you would want to run .325" on a 79cc saw.

I have .325 "on all my other saws. in Norway, we have not so much forest and has rarely used for large saws. I bought this because I'm tired of small saws and want something with more power. I can find 15 "or 16" in 3 / 8 to 7900's?

Last edited:
I'd keep it running 3/8", and bump the sprocket up to 8-tooth or possibly 9-tooth.

If you insist on running .325", which you are surely welcome to do if you wish, then I'd bump the sprocket up a size or two on that setup, also.

I have .325 "on all my other saws. in Norway, we have not so much forest and has rarely used for large saws. I bought this because I'm tired of small saws and want something with more power. I can find 15 "or 16" in 3 / 8 to 7900's?

I can't imagine using a 7900 with that short of a bar for anything but racing. I'm sure you can find a 16" 3/8" setup for it. Run an 8 pin on it to get some more cutting speed. I think anything under 20" makes you work harder than you need to. A nice 24" sugihara or 28" techlite would feel like a regular 20" bar and keep you from bending over to limb and buck.

Ah this must be why the 346xp is so popular over there.

I run both a 20" and a 24" on my Dolkita with 3/8 .050 full chisel chain. Part is for compatibility with my 372xp and 2171 but mostly because 3/8/.050 is the least expensive most readily available chain around here. You said that you bought the 7900 because you wanted something with more power. Since you already have the 18" that came with the saw, get a 24" bar and a couple of chisel chains and watch that 7900 show you some real cuttin' power.

I seek help to find the bar and chain to fit my newly purchased 7900 it comes with 18 "bar 3/8. I can mount the 325 on this?

Yes, if you want to you can, but you will need a .325 sprocket, preferrably in a 8 pin.
Stick around, we have a regular, Niko (also know as SawTroll) from Norway. You two can get together and talk about...well, whatever Nords talk about when they get together...and do it in Norse, if that's the language you speak in Norway.

Finding a D009 mount bar in .325 probably will not happen. You will either have to use a hard nose bar or a 3/8 bar with a replaceable tip and change it to .325. I am with everyone else though and say to just leave it as 3/8, with as little as you say you will need it one good chain should last you a while.

Ah this must be why the 346xp is so popular over there.

yes the most popular saws for profesional loggers is 346 and 353 husky,2153 jonsered,5105 dolmar and 261 stihl.
15- 20 years ago also partner was a very popular saw for loggers. the most normal in norwegian forest is13" bar.

yes the most popular saws for profesional loggers is 346 and 353 husky,2153 jonsered,5105 dolmar and 261 stihl.
15- 20 years ago also partner was a very popular saw for loggers. the most normal in norwegian forest is13" bar.

It was also my attempt to bait the sawtroll. Who thinks everyone cuts nordic softwood.

Latest posts

Back