bar suggestions??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregn

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a lightweight 24" bar for my 372XPW. Any particular brand that would help balance it out better than another? I have a 32" on it now which is a little nose heavy but works great for the big cuts. Just need something more nimble for the smaller cuts.

I am looking for a lightweight 24" bar for my 372XPW. Any particular brand that would help balance it out better than another? I have a 32" on it now which is a little nose heavy but works great for the big cuts. Just need something more nimble for the smaller cuts.

I don't think there are any "lightweight" 24" bars with plastic plugs or anything like that. Maybe tsumura makes some for the canadian/international market but nothing here.

The windsor speed tip (now maybe "carlton" speed tip) have a narrow profile and keep weight down.

I have a GB Pro-Top 24" bar and it is pretty light too.

I would not go the laminate route, If you that worried about weight the saw makes a bigger difference than the bar. That said I would get any solid bar by oregon, or windsor or whoever makes Husqvarna bars. One pinch and a laminate bar is toast and solid bars seem to last for me for less than a pound i figure its worth it. Any of them will feel light compared to you 32 inch bar as well.

Sugihara is about the only one available in the US and it's not much lighter but a little bit.

Yea the Sugihara bars are good bars, and a little lighter but not much, like Mike said.

I wish they would make the techlite in 24". My Carlton Tsumura bar is one of the best bars I've ever used and it's not very heavy. Seems to balance good on my XPW, and it's a 24"

The co op said they had 2 24" total bars in stock in .050". The tsumuras are about the nicest bar for the money.

ill just leave this right here:msp_razz:

no i havent found a seller in north america, only those in japan and korea for the light bars. :(

btw 24in weights, its almost a pound. thats very nice

20in not as good as the 24 but still 2/3 a pound.

I'm pretty sure Husqvarna builds a TechLite bar to fit your saw. I've run one on a 576 Auto Tune and they are sweet. Balances out the saw nicely.

yea but you got rid of yours. shame shame.:frown:

Well I got a shiny almost brand new sugihara for it. The tsumura wasn't stihl mount like the sugi either.

If husky makes a 24" techlite and you've got them you could sell a 100 on here. They make a 20" and 28" but nothing else that anyone has found yet.

Well I got a shiny almost brand new sugihara for it. The tsumura wasn't stihl mount like the sugi either.

If husky makes a 24" techlite and you've got them you could sell a 100 on here. They make a 20" and 28" but nothing else that anyone has found yet.

e&e is got a 18in tsumura stihl mount up on classifieds for cheap.

Mount a Stihl 28" Lite ES its same weight as those 24" bars and you get 4" more. I think it makes a 70cc saw feel like there isn't a bar on it at all, its that light.

Sam

Latest posts

Back