bare feet sawing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Red

That was indeed one of the best comments I have read.I'm still laughing.Keep those funny's coming.PS your PM is full
Lawrence

Wouldnt you think if you were gonna video yourself running your saws that you would have warmed them up first so they start right up?...

Course if I was gonna video myself running a saw, I would have put some shoes on at least..

he didnt have the facesheild down and i liked that truck
larry

What is the excat proper technique to start a saw?

As I understand it...

All safety gear, on.
Chain brake, on.
Choke or appropriate throttle setting, on.
Saw on the ground.
Foot through rear handle of saw
One hand on top of the top handle and the other pulling the starter rope.

I always saw in the nude...something about woodchips hitting bare skin. You have not lived until you've done the crotch start on an 066 with a 36" bar, and forgot to set the comp release...while nude.

Plus, added bonus- People leave you alone when they happen upon you in the woods, when you are totally naked, running a saw....

What about the mosquitos........lol.

only when cold starting the big saw with a long bar. after that back to normal.

I do it all the time, never had a problem. Lately, the saw that seems to bite me back the most is, my 044 which is on the ripsaw at the moment. Dam its got good compression, its ripped that pull cord out of my hands many times. And I haven't even had it long. No decompression.

Do you always do it that way? I don't

Just before I bought the 181, I started it that way at the seller's home. No compression release.

Can't remember the last time before that.

I don't start the 181 that way now. Although, haven't had any cold weather to really try out my grip strength.

After starting the 181 quite a few times, the 441 was a breeze to start. Did run the 441 today, and that saw still puts a smile on my face. Tached it out at 12,200, but it was pretty humid here today.

Quite a difference between 71cc and 81cc when starting.

That guy has to one of my cousins or maybe a lost brother-in-law.

And I don't like ya'll makin fun of my kinfolks. :mad:

I'd say the potential of the blade striking your legs when you get it started,thus earning stump potential.

That's what the chain brake is for. But if you really swing that puppy hard at your leg you just might cut it off with a stationary chain :)

I drop start all the time - remember when chainsaw manuals outline safety tips they have to cater for the most accident prone, dumbest, most inbred, mentally handicapped people on earth and does not mean it should be taken as safety gospel. Those that do believe those precautions should be adhered to 100% may just fit into the above outlined category ;)

In fact the only saw I won't drop start when cold is my 5100-S. That thing has that much compression it's a pig and my size 13 boot won't fit through the rear handle easily :( I drop start all my saws when they're warm, even the 3120 which is actually the easiest saw to start in my whole stable, hot or cold.

Back