Barnacle Parp philosophy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
Maybe Bushler (cause ain't Noyo at Fort Bragg?) knows about this...I lived in a few miles from Mendocino for 2 years and a friend there's grandad had taught him Boontley (sp?). Now ther's some hard core localized dialect. Very interesting

From what I gather, there was a spurt of settlers who bolted all the way west, and then waited, isolated, for a few decades till the rest started showing up. And the language evolved.

It's called "Boontling". Google Boonville, California.
The people there developed their own patois and there's nothing like it anywhere.

Last edited:
slowp
how're you doin' today?
Ah, fair to midlin.

Yes, my boss in Cheeseland, who was from one of the Carolinas was delighted that I understood and occasionally used such terms. But I'm third generation PNWer and have never been to the Southeast. I guess we have enough folks who came here from there that we use that lingo along with like, youknow...:) Collyfonia speak. Creek is crick too. I might have a crick in the neck from hitting my head on a rock in the crick.

056kid

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
My boss in a time of need. "I WISH I HAD NEVER SEEN A GOD DAMED STICK OF WOOD IN MY LIFE, IM GOIN TO THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

We got 50 of off road that aparrently is full of water, "THIS GOD DAMED MOTHER ####IN LOADER IS RUNNIN ON ####IN WATER, I AINT NEVER SEEN SUTCH IN ALL MY GOD DAMED LIFE!!!!!!!!!"

Please excuse the profanity but thats " un"..