Best first professional saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1981 I bought a new 028 couple years later a used 041. Was always a break down every truck load. About 1987 I was watching this old guy with a small 42 Husqvarna just making load after load of firewood . I went town and bought a 50 special. That day I found a saw I could cut wood and not break down. About no person finds a one and done saw. The best advice I got just keep buying saws. Make them work for you never mind what is popular. A big question are parts cost and how easy they can be found?
I recently bought a husqvarna 135 mark II and had nothing but problems, when I first used it it got not even 4 hours of work on the engine and already started behaving weird, then I brought it back under warranty and they still charged me even though the repair was a factory issue. They charged me to clean the saw, sharpen the chain and fix it but when I got it back the saw wasn’t clean, the chain wasn’t sharp and it still runs weird so they didn’t even fix it properly. This is the reason I’m looking for stihl now instead of husqvarna, I don’t hold a grudge against husqvarna and in the future might buy another one but right now I just want stihl because I trust them more.

I would say if you want a 462 get a 462 I personally have a 661 and I love it I use it for even the littlest of **** also keep in mind there is husky and there 562 to 592s look pretty cool still yet get what you think you can handle that's just my 2 cents
I cannot imagine using a 661 for limbing a tree or cutting down small trees but I guess that’s just me 😅

Back