Becoming an arborist?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elixir

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. First post!

I'm looking to become an arborist. I currently work on a tree farm in Northeast Pennsylvania. I work with trees in every developmental stage, and pretty much do whatever needs to be done. I want to learn as much as I can about trees and ideally would become an arborist.

Can anyone provide me with information on any education or certifications I need to do this?

Also, I am posting this in another forum. I know that there are certain people who stick to only one forum on an entire website, so I wanted to get this to everyone who may be able to answer.

Thanks!

Check out International Society of Arborists ,ISA, lots of info.

Elixir said:
Hello all. First post!

I'm looking to become an arborist. I currently work on a tree farm in Northeast Pennsylvania. I work with trees in every developmental stage, and pretty much do whatever needs to be done. I want to learn as much as I can about trees and ideally would become an arborist.

Can anyone provide me with information on any education or certifications I need to do this?

Also, I am posting this in another forum. I know that there are certain people who stick to only one forum on an entire website, so I wanted to get this to everyone who may be able to answer.

Thanks!
go for it! are you near longwood gardens? also check out isa penn del chapter

jmack said:
go for it! are you near longwood gardens? also check out isa penn del chapter

Let's see... I am near Greystone Terrace, and I work at Springhouse Gardens, INC. Can't say I have heard of Longwood Gardens... specifically, I live near Wilkes-Barre, closer to Scranton, very close to Clarks Summit, and in Newton Township (that list goes from biggest to smallest city).

I'm torn between two career choices right now, one is being an arborist, a job I already know that I would love, and the other is in the Air Force as a Pararescueman. So it's a tough choice, haha.

Elixir said:
Let's see... I am near Greystone Terrace, and I work at Springhouse Gardens, INC. Can't say I have heard of Longwood Gardens... specifically, I live near Wilkes-Barre, closer to Scranton, very close to Clarks Summit, and in Newton Township (that list goes from biggest to smallest city).

I'm torn between two career choices right now, one is being an arborist, a job I already know that I would love, and the other is in the Air Force as a Pararescueman. So it's a tough choice, haha.
lwg is in kennet? square they have classes and such.

Welcome! Great industry you are showing interest in, it just gets better!

Knowledge is the greatest tool in arboriculture. Get some relevant books and study them, find an institute and do some courses. :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back