Been gone for a while, here's a few splitters I've built recently.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man... I missed all sorts of post.. Sorry for not keeping up. I guess tapatalk doesn't want to notify me..

Have you considered making & selling wedge parts/assemblies? And possibly the slider plate assembly? I would think that these parts could be produced on a small scale & shipped. I would certainly be interested....

Those are some awesome looking splitters. how much do you have tied up in the blue one?

Have you considered making & selling wedge parts/assemblies? And possibly the slider plate assembly? I would think that these parts could be produced on a small scale & shipped. I would certainly be interested....
I have considered having a "builders" kit and probably would at any time if there would be interest. Just been busy trying to bust these things out and have a lil family time also.

I have a track burner but typically have an outside vendor burn them out for me as I need them. Once I get into a larger shop a burn table is on the needs list.
Whatever I can't cut on the bandsaw, I cut by hand with a torch. I have a plasma, but to me it's only good for straight cuts that I can use a guide for

I noticed on your push block you just bolt it to the beam, so metal to metal. Any reason you don't use some of that high impact super slick plastic stuff under the pusher to keep wear down? Pros or cons? Do you ever use a single stage pump like the built rite runs? I cannot seem to find any single stage pumps that would work in my searches.

I noticed on your push block you just bolt it to the beam, so metal to metal. Any reason you don't use some of that high impact super slick plastic stuff under the pusher to keep wear down? Pros or cons? Do you ever use a single stage pump like the built rite runs? I cannot seem to find any single stage pumps that would work in my searches.

20-30 tons of force on plastic is just a bad idea. If you have the pusher design right and use quality materials there is little to no wear on anything. AR-"abrasion resistant" I venture if you would happen to ask the owners of the last two that went out (they have the new style slide plate and pusher) they will back me up. As for the pump. I see no reason someone would run a single stage pump unless they have some HP behind it. A 22gpm two stage requires 12-13hp pump will run at 22gpm till it reaches the set kick out point (500psi typical factory setting) then it gears down to 6-7gpm at (2200 psi typical factory setting). 2-stage= speed plus power and efficiency.

20-30 tons of force on plastic is just a bad idea. If you have the pusher design right and use quality materials there is little to no wear on anything. AR-"abrasion resistant" I venture if you would happen to ask the owners of the last two that went out (they have the new style slide plate and pusher) they will back me up. As for the pump. I see no reason someone would run a single stage pump unless they have some HP behind it. A 22gpm two stage requires 12-13hp pump will run at 22gpm till it reaches the set kick out point (500psi typical factory setting) then it gears down to 6-7gpm at (2200 psi typical factory setting). 2-stage= speed plus power and efficiency.
are you using AR plate for the push block/components and for the top plate on the beam, or just the push block?
i built mine out of just A-36 material, ive got somewhere are 50 cord through it, the paint is long gone, but most of the mill scale is still there...no visible wear that i can find

Back