Been Thinking About Moving to the United States

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a lot of good folks from Idaho, none of 'em are Nazis.

Yes, note the use of the word few. We probably have as many in our state, they just have not come up on the radar like the Hayden Lake bunch did. Note the use of the word did. Windthrown has mentioned in the past that he wants to move to Idaho. I'm sorry...

Ironically the Hayden Lake bunch lost their property for shooting up a car, that had backfired while driving by...

Good stuff right there...

Also though of this earlier today, far as I know the only .50 bmg rifle to be used in a crime in the united states, was... drum roll pleas...

A group of neo nazis ambushed a couple armored cars in the 70's...

just some triffia... or a glimpse inside my fevered brain one of the two.

And the $hit show begins

Not really. slowp has been on my ignore list for a long time here. If she wants to embrace all the flaming liberal LGBTQ stuff, that is great. She is not even in my state, so I could care less. My issue is with the shoving all this LGBTQ crap down everyone's throats here. I could care less what they do among themselves, but ~they~ want to make it EVERYONE's issue here, including mine. So I have taken a political stance. Treat them equal, but not with endless special privileges. And, as seen here, if I have a contrarian opinion, I am called a NAZI. Highly amusing. I have no affiliation with the Nazis, or the white supremacists, or the militias, and my father fought the Nazis in the North Atlantic in WWII. Many of my friends are JEWS, hispanics and blacks (explain THAT, Ms Nazi-labeling slowp). Nor am I anti-LGBTQ. I just refuse to EMBRACE it. But noooooooo..... I am labeled a fascist anyway. By who? Someone who claims to know all about the PNW, labels me as a Nazi, and is so contrarian to what I see every day here in the PNW that it is pathetic (and why I tossed her on my iggy list long ago).

I am used to it though. I have a second cousin that is a lesbian and lives in NY. I removed her from my FB account because I was tired of all of her LGBTQ politics and issue posts. But oh no! If I do not openly EMBRACE gay rights, fanatically support all of their issues and leftist politics, I am an evil fascist gay-hating Nazi. In truth I do not care about gay rights or politics, either way. But it has become so political here now. This state is also becoming an openly illegal alien sanctuary, which I detest. OR and WA are so openly supportive of the homeless we have become a magnet for every bum in the US and Canada. I trip over homeless camps here wherever I go lately in Portland and Seattle. The states have also become a haven for LGBTQ issues, and they want a raft of special treatment for being what they are.

In the end? This last election was a referendum on these issues, and the Democratic party was voted down in spades across the nation. The Republicans now hold more offices in the US than any other time in history. The tide is against these leftist policies and issues, simply because they have gone too far. If you do not believe me, then listen to Bill Maher, who (to my shock) is saying the same thing. The leftists are flocking here to the west coast in droves it seems. And the likes of me are being forced out. Not just by politics, but by insane hikes in prices. My property has quadrupled since I bought it 6 years ago. Taxes are going up as well to support all the illegals and bums and special programs. The cost of living is also going way up. I can buy a nice place in Boise for 1/3 the price of this place, with more land and a newer house in it. So I will likely leave, and be happy doing so. And if all the lefties cheer me on for leaving? Hey, great. But really, up here in the Cascades, my neighbors are mostly conservatives. And politically speaking, it is conservative from here going east all the way to Illinois.

Not really. slowp has been on my ignore list for a long time here. If she wants to embrace all the flaming liberal LGBTQ stuff, that is great. She is not even in my state, so I could care less. My issue is with the shoving all this LGBTQ crap down everyone's throats here. I could care less what they do among themselves, but ~they~ want to make it EVERYONE's issue here, including mine. So I have taken a political stance. Treat them equal, but not with endless special privileges. And, as seen here, if I have a contrarian opinion, I am called a NAZI. Highly amusing. I have no affiliation with the Nazis, or the white supremacists, or the militias, and my father fought the Nazis in the North Atlantic in WWII. Many of my friends are JEWS, hispanics and blacks (explain THAT, Ms Nazi-labeling slowp). Nor am I anti-LGBTQ. I just refuse to EMBRACE it. But noooooooo..... I am labeled a fascist anyway. By who? Someone who claims to know all about the PNW, labels me as a Nazi, and is so contrarian to what I see every day here in the PNW that it is pathetic (and why I tossed her on my iggy list long ago).

I am used to it though. I have a second cousin that is a lesbian and lives in NY. I removed her from my FB account because I was tired of all of her LGBTQ politics and issue posts. But oh no! If I do not openly EMBRACE gay rights, fanatically support all of their issues and leftist politics, I am an evil fascist gay-hating Nazi. In truth I do not care about gay rights or politics, either way. But it has become so political here now. This state is also becoming an openly illegal alien sanctuary, which I detest. OR and WA are so openly supportive of the homeless we have become a magnet for every bum in the US and Canada. I trip over homeless camps here wherever I go lately in Portland and Seattle. The states have also become a haven for LGBTQ issues, and they want a raft of special treatment for being what they are.

In the end? This last election was a referendum on these issues, and the Democratic party was voted down in spades across the nation. The Republicans now hold more offices in the US than any other time in history. The tide is against these leftist policies and issues, simply because they have gone too far. If you do not believe me, then listen to Bill Maher, who (to my shock) is saying the same thing. The leftists are flocking here to the west coast in droves it seems. And the likes of me are being forced out. Not just by politics, but by insane hikes in prices. My property has quadrupled since I bought it 6 years ago. Taxes are going up as well to support all the illegals and bums and special programs. The cost of living is also going way up. I can buy a nice place in Boise for 1/3 the price of this place, with more land and a newer house in it. So I will likely leave, and be happy doing so. And if all the lefties cheer me on for leaving? Hey, great. But really, up here in the Cascades, my neighbors are mostly conservatives. And politically speaking, it is conservative from here going east all the way to Illinois.

Well said :clap:

makes great sense to me.
I have no idea for the life of me why the light wasn't going on when you said 27?
Even know I thought you were thinking that. The hamster was asleep at the wheel that time.

Its actually the volume of 100 f^3 It's funny because when I lived up in the pan all the heli cutters were talking mbf & Cunits and I thought "why in the heck are they using metric in the AK?...lol
I thought Cunit was the proper term for cubic metre. It just sounds soooo metric to me.
I see it's not widely used by the USDA.
More of a heli thing I guess. It's a good measurement for heli because it's in the power of 10 and bucking cards are on the conservative side. your just need to know your weight per f^3

The local foresters use C-Units here too. They gave us a chart to convert to cords, I want to say it was to divide the C-Unit by 1.28? That sound right?
Cords I understand, board feet somewhat too.

On land we have logged, we average about 4-7 cords an acre, depending on area.

[QUOTE="windthrown, post: 6073082, . :cheers:

And of course the US west is weed friendly now too. AK, CO, WA, OR, CA, and NV are all legal to smoke rec weed in (and most allow you to grow your own).:happybanana:[/QUOTE]

I guess you can buy weed here at stores. Dunno, shoot if I'm feeling peakish after a week of hard work I might indulge in a barley pop and that puts me right to sleep.

Nope, I don't want Windthrown to embrace, I just don't want to hear his insults. I do apologize for being dragged down to his level. Oh, and nobody is making him embrace anything. But he's insulting women. All that matters is our looks apparently. I keep hoping our country is advanced enough to get past that and apparently we are in for a major backslide. If you men were women, you might feel a bit insulted too. Now I've got snow to move.

I think I am done here.

He was insulting one woman I think. Unfortunately the human eye is trained to see symmetry as beautiful by nature. Everyone does it wether they want to or not. On the other hand if one dude calls another dude ugly or if a woman calls a dude ugly it's not a problem. It's also the same when a girl says a guy is hot but if a guy says a girl is hot he's a pervert or something. Double standards all around. Don't worry everyone will offend someone.

great post,,o wise one!!!!

I just like to avoid politics online altogether. I encourage the same of you, my friends and peers. It's a bit different around the old campfire, where there is no keyboard with which to divide and conquer. Let us not be forced to delete posts, shall we?

Agree!!!!! Arguing on the internet is kinda' like winning gold at the Special Olympics; it's cool, but the bottom line is you're still retarded!
tell this remark to "ONE OF YOUR OWN IF YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE A HEALTHY CHILD WITH SPECIAL NEED'S" ! retardation , IS WHAT YOU ARE SPOUTING WITH OUT KNOWLEDG OF !! you sir,(I am assuming)are one in need of a medial!

Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, a... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, a, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with.-Hoosiers

That whole runnin' and barkin' comment hits a little close to home, but I'll let ya slide this time. Hehe! Awesome.

(Think "Yooper sauna night.")

My mom was born in the UP. Two accents from the UP as I recall. One was that north Midwestern twang that I like, more like what they speak in Upper WI and MN, and lower MI. The other is called Yoopanese and has the more Finnish-German sound to it. "Say ya to da UP, Eh? You betcha!" It all sounds normal to me. Some here in west Oregon speak a type of Alaska-Canook slang that is similar with a lot of eh's and ya's. Sarah Palin has that dialect. I can drift into that dialect very easy as well as the UP, NYC and Boston dialects.

Being nave, I didn't know what LGBT meant until I found out here it means Liquor, Guns, Bacon and Tits. WTF?

Back