Being Prepared

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manual said:
What do you take with you other the than your chainsaw to the woods.

Hi,

I take other than my husky and stihl: 2x5m Sisal ropes, 1X30m PP rope, 1 or 2 combi-canisters, A small "razor sharp" ochsenkopf Europa axe, a double bitted axe, 2xplastic wedges, 2xalu wedges, 5kg "sledge hammer" for the wedges, spare chains, spark plugs and tools for the saws, files for the chains (just in case), my personal protection kit (trousers, helmet, boots etc.), food, coffee, Pepsi, first aid kit, cellphone and a small team of sherpas to carry it all...

Bye

I keep two job boxes chained together and tethered to a fat birch tree that assends out throught the roof of my shed/cabin. I have it all back there on my woodlot. I don't cut too many trees in my woods. Just a dozen or so trees either in the way of or looking like they will become in the way of my bunkhouse/ cabin. I do use a 50cal amo box with all the tools I need to for my 066 and granberg 36"alaskian mill. Some things I have with me that I didn't see mentioned are a hammer and a pry bar needed to set up a take down the slabbing rails I use for my mini mill. (I'll post the pics someday). Of course my mix and bar oil. And a video camera for the more cherished momments of logging. But I do need to get that phone working back there. If I was so maimed that I couldn't get to my car and drive out, I would probaly be decomposing by the time they come for me anyway.

My saw box holds my saw, one gallon fuel can, one gallon of bar oil, funnel, files, scrench, a few shop rags, stump vise, gloves, hearing protection, eye protection, spare chain...

12guns said:
I grew up talking on my dad's to our friends each time we traveled a few hours to see them. I'll never forget wa5uig and n5xyl...My dad's been out of it for so long, I don't think he's even registered anymore...too bad cell phones came along!!!

Finally caught this one:) Yea cell phones have definately put a whammy on ham radio, but ham still can't be beat. In my area cell phone coverage is centralized to small towns. In the rural areas (85% of us) we can't get a good signal.

Latest posts

Back