Best all around rigging rope.. READY GO!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate velocity for climbing but love it for all around light rigging. It's my favorite for everything until I start into the big stuff.

I hate velocity for climbing but love it for all around light rigging. It's my favorite for everything until I start into the big stuff.

I'm asking, because I don't know, . Why do you not like Velocity for a climbing rope??

J L. ; I haven't heard of Husky. What brand or who sells it??

for light weight true blue, for big stuff yale bull rigger. These ropes are super durable, able to nartural crotch when necessary and easy to tie knots with.... i have only broken a bull rigger once.... but any rope can be broken.

For light rigging I think 1/2" Arborplex is the way to go for light rigging. The price cant be beat, light weight, strong, and the somewhat dynamic property is a plus. Runs good through natural or false crotch. Bailey's has it on sale for $59.99 for 120' i believe!

Husky?

Husky has a nylon core. How does performance compare with other energy absorbing lines like nystron and polydyne? Hand? Stretch? Abrasion? Price looks good.

Husky has a nylon core. How does performance compare with other energy absorbing lines like nystron and polydyne? Hand? Stretch? Abrasion? Price looks good.

I've been using nothing but husky for about 5 years now, love it, love the price. Just the right stretch to me, and the jacket wears like iron. Pretty supple and soft, holds a knot good, and unties pretty easy when you're done. Jeff

My favorite climbing rope is Velocity. Love Everything about it. BTW there are actual rigging ropes close to the same diameter as Velocity. Why would you use a climbing rope for rigging? Just curious!

I love my 5/8 husky bull line. It has enough stretch to make up for bad groundsmen, but not so much you'd notice. I also old school it and keep 200 ft of 1/2in three strand for lowing limbs and other applacation that are hard on rope. At 60.00 for 200' you can abuse it and replace it. I also have an assertment of old climbing lines i use for non critical rigging.

Latest posts

Back