Best bar for Husqvarna small mount (K095) - 16" 3/8 .050

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindFork

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for the best, most reliable, well-built bar. Weight of the bar is also a consideration, and moderate to light weight would be nice. Money is an object, but I'm not looking for the cheapest. Quality and longevity is more important to me, as well as the ability to withstand a tight pinch here and there.

I'm a firewood hack in the woods, but I also need to fall some trees every year and deal with blow-downs. The saw is JerimiahJohnson's ported Redmax G5000, which has the same mount as a Husqvarna 346 or 357.

I have been searching and reading threads all day, and pretty much every aftermarket bar has been called a man-made miracle and a total POS, depending on manufacture date. I know that a lot of this has to do with timing, where the bars are currently made, how well the Chinese are tempering their steel, etc.

I read some good things about the "Laser Forestry Pro" bars at cutterschoice, but they don't appear to have a Husky small mount in 16" 3/8 .050
Cutterschoice.com

JerimiahJohnson told me he's had good luck with Forester bars, yet I read threads that they are terrible, Chinese made "junk." Those were old threads though, so maybe their quality has improved?

Oregon has been said to be the only game in town, and also derided as having soft rails depending on the person posting.

Tsumura seems consistently considered to be great, but I can only find limited selection on the bay.

Stihl bars are widely loved, but they're out in this context, unless they have started making Husky small mount bars...

At this point, I'm inclined to just get an Oregon pro-lite and be done with it. But I know there is a wealth of information waiting to be tapped here, so please share your informed opinion, as well as where to buy. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm looking for the best, most reliable, well-built bar. Weight of the bar is also a consideration, and moderate to light weight would be nice. Money is an object, but I'm not looking for the cheapest. Quality and longevity is more important to me, as well as the ability to withstand a tight pinch here and there.

I'm a firewood hack in the woods, but I also need to fall some trees every year and deal with blow-downs. The saw is JerimiahJohnson's ported Redmax G5000, which has the same mount as a Husqvarna 346 or 357.

I have been searching and reading threads all day, and pretty much every aftermarket bar has been called a man-made miracle and a total POS, depending on manufacture date. I know that a lot of this has to do with timing, where the bars are currently made, how well the Chinese are tempering their steel, etc.

I read some good things about the "Laser Forestry Pro" bars at cutterschoice, but they don't appear to have a Husky small mount in 16" 3/8 .050
Cutterschoice.com

JerimiahJohnson told me he's had good luck with Forester bars, yet I read threads that they are terrible, Chinese made "junk." Those were old threads though, so maybe their quality has improved?

Oregon has been said to be the only game in town, and also derided as having soft rails depending on the person posting.

Tsumura seems consistently considered to great, but I can only find limited selection on the bay.

Stihl bars are widely loved, but they're out in this context, unless they have started making Husky small mount bars...

At this point, I'm inclined to just get an Oregon pro-lite and be done with it. But I know there is a wealth of information waiting to be tapped here, so please share your informed opinion, as well as where to buy. Thanks!

If they were all painted black I would be willing to bet a 100$ bill you couldn't tell them apart. Get whatever is available to you locally as a good relationship with the local saw shop will be more benifical to you then attempting to buy the "best" based off someone else's opinion.

I bought a Sugi Hara off Ebay in those specs for my Dolmar 420.Hard nose bar but very high quality.There just isn't a Pro grade bar in that size being built now.Please someone tell me I'm wrong.

If they were all painted black I would be willing to bet a 100$ bill you couldn't tell them apart. Get whatever is available to you locally as a good relationship with the local saw shop will be more benifical to you then attempting to buy the "best" based off someone else's opinion.
Tried that, but my local dealers don't have what I need. Thus, I turn to the internet for answers, only find more questions. :)

As for telling them apart NOW, probably not. But in a year? Maybe...

Tried that, but my local dealers don't have what I need. Thus, I turn to the internet for answers, only find more questions. :)

As for telling them apart NOW, probably not. But in a year? Maybe...

I understand completely sometimes I feel like my local shops are stuck in the 60s technology and availability.

I bought a Sugi Hara off Ebay in those specs for my Dolmar 420.Hard nose bar but very high quality.There just isn't a Pro grade bar in that size being built now.Please someone tell me I'm wrong.

That Dolmar 420 would be the 041 "poulan" mount. The 095 "husky small mount" will work though I like to move the oil hole a little bit (toward the center if I recall right) and use a bit of epoxy filler. What is a pro bar one with a replaceable tip as opposed to a replaceable sprocket?

Thanks for your post and PM. I realized that the reason I looked at and set this one aside is because it's a different mount than the K095 that I need. Otherwise, I would probably go for it. This video on the listing for it is cool:
MVI_1099 - YouTube

That Dolmar 420 would be the 041 "poulan" mount. The 095 "husky small mount" will work though I like to move the oil hole a little bit (toward the center if I recall right) and use a bit of epoxy filler. What is a pro bar one with a replaceable tip as opposed to a replaceable sprocket?

Mine oils just fine with no modification.

For the money, my opinion is that the Tsumura bars are great bars, actually my favorite. The are available and often the ones you see with the Jonsered name on them are Tsumura. Most any Jonsered dealer should be able to get you one.

For the money, my opinion is that the Tsumura bars are great bars, actually my favorite. The are available and often the ones you see with the Jonsered name on them are Tsumura. Most any Jonsered dealer should be able to get you one.

The problem is Tsunami/Total discontinued the bar in the spec he wants.

Check with spike60 here. He had some nice bars in small mount 3/8 050 like this IF I recall right.

IMG_0225-1.jpg

View attachment 313549

I bought this saw and bar off Tnshaker a month ago and it has only cut cookies so far, I haven't done much cutting with it, but its a husky small mount if you are looking for one, it surely must still be available. You could probably contact him, he's a heck of a guy. Maybe he has some if not, PM me you can have this bar, I'm looking for a Sugihara bar for this saw, but they are expensive, but look cool and are light.

I also have some bars I bought off ebay that are sugihara tuff tips, I bought them because they were cheap and .050 3/8. They are like 17" and I haven't found out what DL they run yet, but I plan on running one on my 550xp.
View attachment 313554

View attachment 313549

I bought this saw and bar off Tnshaker a month ago and it has only cut cookies so far, I haven't done much cutting with it, but its a husky small mount if you are looking for one, it surely must still be available. You could probably contact him, he's a heck of a guy. Maybe he has some if not, PM me you can have this bar, I'm looking for a Sugihara bar for this saw, but they are expensive, but look cool and are light.

I also have some bars I bought off ebay that are sugihara tuff tips, I bought them because they were cheap and .050 3/8. They are like 17" and I haven't found out what DL they run yet, but I plan on running one on my 550xp.
View attachment 313554
Thanks, I'm PMing him now.

Cool sugi, too. :)

Latest posts

Back