Best bar for Husqvarna small mount (K095) - 16" 3/8 .050

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Those lasers are hard to find at the moment. (Nice mushroom, too)

I prefer a 20" bar on my 50cc saws. The extra reach saves my back a LOT more than the weight saved with a shorter one. I'm not running the longer bar for bigger wood.
Yea...I'm learning to bend with my legs more, which helps.

mindfork your redmax used to run in this ported saw pack. Yours was the last to go.

That's one badazz pack of saws! Why did you sell all your ported saws?

I still want a ported 70cc eventually, but Redmax continues to impress me. I tried out an 18" 3/8 with stihl RS chain last night, and while I it was a little slower in bigger wood, it still snarled through whatever I threw at it.

As much as I like the longer reach, the balance and handling at 16" on this saw is really perfect. The 18" bar feels just a little nose heavy in comparison.

That's one badazz pack of saws! Why did you sell all your ported saws?

Just lost all interest in ported saws and really not needed for working with really. When I cut firewood it dont care that I am 3 seconds or 15 seconds slower per cut. Only the online community hypes up the ported saws. JMO. :rock:

I have a hard enough time selling a firewood cutter with a wild thing a real saw. Let alone another 250 for porting one.

Just lost all interest in ported saws and really not needed for working with really. When I cut firewood it dont care that I am 3 seconds or 15 seconds slower per cut. Only the online community hypes up the ported saws. JMO. :rock:

I have a hard enough time selling a firewood cutter with a wild thing a real saw. Let alone another 250 for porting one.
I hear you on the hard sell, and 3 seconds is no big deal. But 15 seconds in a cut? That's too long! :) After cutting with Redmax, I'm pretty hooked on the power to weight ratio.

The shorter the bar the better for me. As long as I can get the tree on the ground with it then I'm all set. I'm going to try a 13" bar on my 346 just to see how it feels when limbing. Last weekend I limbed a maple with an 18" bar on my 550 and holy crap was there a huge difference between that and the 16. I'll take the 16 all day long, that 18 felt like a 36 in comparison to the 16. I was surprised, really thought there'd hardly be a difference.

The things you learn/gain from simple experience. Things are a whole different language on paper.

Ya gotta bend over no matter what, unless you're a midget :D

The shorter the bar the better for me. As long as I can get the tree on the ground with it then I'm all set. I'm going to try a 13" bar on my 346 just to see how it feels when limbing. Last weekend I limbed a maple with an 18" bar on my 550 and holy crap was there a huge difference between that and the 16. I'll take the 16 all day long, that 18 felt like a 36 in comparison to the 16. I was surprised, really thought there'd hardly be a difference.

You are right about the difference betweeh 16" and 18" - 15" is fine as well, but going to 13" will make the saw rear Heavy. That is why I never use them on 50cc saws, even though the saws come with them here, for some silly reason! :msp_wink:

OK, if you can find a RSN 13" bar it might be OK, as those bars are heavier.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Most of us in life are rear heavy :D I'd rather a teensy bit rear heavy than nose heavy ;)

You know what they say about a body in motion and a body at rest.....

You know what they say about a body in motion and a body at rest.....

Yep, and they are right. I do what I can, and then a little more - but the pain in the back, pelvis and right ancle just gets too bad way too soon.....:bang::bang:

The extremely Nice (and fat) souses went away with Witchy in 2009 :msp_crying:, actually a bit before that.

My main issue is inactivity, because of all my arthtritis, wear and injury issues....:bang::bang:

I was talking about the beer Niko. May Witchy R.I.P.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back