Best bar for Husqvarna small mount (K095) - 16" 3/8 .050

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's why I was looking for one of theirs. Don't seem to be any available in the k095 small mount any more.

I ended up getting a Husqvarna branded power match for $45 shipped from the zon. (Made by Oregon as far as I can tell.)

It'll weigh a little more than the Oregon pro-lite, but I can replace the sprocket if I kill it in a pinch, and it should be able to hold up to the RPMs of the ported Redmax and all the heat that it will make.

Post some video of that redmax in action when you get your bar and let us know how you like that bar. What chain are you going to run ?

Terry Landrum has them. tlandrum on here. Send him a PM and the rest is easy.
I PM'd him last night but I suppose he took the weekend off. It's ok, I'll go with the power-match bar and see how long I can make it last. :)

Post some video of that redmax in action when you get your bar and let us know how you like that bar. What chain are you going to run ?
I'm going to run Stihl RS. Stihl chain is pretty much all I buy anymore.

No promises on the video, though. I'm one of those weird people that doesn't own a true video camera. My little digicam might be able to do a video. We'll see.

I do like that RS chain as well. I am sticking to Stihl chain as well.
I have some semi chisel on the way and going to give it a try as well, the Stihl RMC.

The biggest difference you'll notice is the RMC stays sharper longer cutting speed is splitting hairs

The biggest difference you'll notice is the RMC stays sharper longer cutting speed is splitting hairs

Usually no need for semi chisel around here, the chisel chains hold the edge well enough (Stihl and Oregon). I don't agree that the cutting speed difference is splitting hairs, there is a notisable differense.

Also, I find chisel easier to file, as they give me better referenses. On the flip side, semi is more forgiving, if you can't see exactly what you do anyway.

I PM'd him last night but I suppose he took the weekend off. It's ok, I'll go with the power-match bar and see how long I can make it last. :)
I didnt think it was possible for anyone to be have less patience than myself. :msp_sad:

Oh well. I just received three .50 small mount bars from Terry. 16, 20, and 24 inch. All have made in Germany stamped on them. One with the Laser logo on it and the others light grey.

I didnt think it was possible for anyone to be have less patience than myself. :msp_sad:

Oh well. I just received three .50 small mount bars from Terry. 16, 20, and 24 inch. All have made in Germany stamped on them. One with the Laser logo on it and the others light grey.
lol, it's more a matter of knowing that shipping to my location takes 4-5 days from east of the Mississippi, so I tend to buy things on Sunday night so they can ship Monday and get here by Friday/Sat.

I want to test three configurations of b/c on this saw, by the end of this weekend:
3/8 16" 7 tooth
.325 18" 7 tooth & 8 tooth

But in order to complete my testing, I need the 16" bar as well. I can wait as long as needed, but I don't like to wait longer than necessary. :)

Last edited:
Couple weeks ago from Bailey's I picked up Carlton laminate bar/chain combo for 14 bucks. I'm thinkin that is going to be hard to beat for a firewood hack like myself.

Couple weeks ago from Bailey's I picked up Carlton laminate bar/chain combo for 14 bucks. I'm thinkin that is going to be hard to beat for a firewood hack like myself.

Likely a Taiwan made bar of at best mediocre quality - but who cares at that price!

Anyway, it isn't what the OP was asking for.

Last edited:
Picked up a few of these SugiHara bars on flea bay. K095mount -.325-.050-66DL. Solid bars -$14.99 each

You are welcome to try one out if it helps.
Thanks Mainewoods, I appreciate that. I will PM you later if I want to pick one up.

I have to rethink my plans for experimentation on this saw, because my local Stihl dealer only carries RS"3" in .325 .050

So if I want to avoid the safety chain in .325, I have to go to .063 -- at least for Stihl chain.

Given the chain situation, I may just stick with 3/8 on this saw and limit any experimentation to semi-chisel, full chisel, skip chain, etc.

Latest posts

Back