best bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:agree2:
When I get to point where I'm worried about a little bar oil leaking out and screwing up the environment, then will probably be hugging the tree and not cutting it down. If that happens, somebody please shoot me!

We all have a stake in keeping the environment and the enviros happy. All I run is canola and most of my work is in watersheds so I can assure anyone who happens along that I am doing what I can to act green. Simply business.

We all have a stake in keeping the environment and the enviros happy. All I run is canola and most of my work is in watersheds so I can assure anyone who happens along that I am doing what I can to act green. Simply business.

I don't have an audience where I cut, so no acting required on my part.

I wondered how its possible that the biodegradable bar oil is consumed are a slower rate than regular oil.

I have found that this is true. When I've been out of Stihl BioPlus, I've bought Poulan from the hardware store. I couldn't believe how fast it burned through the same saws under the same conditions.

The BioPlus is more expensive, but lasts much longer.

I bought some of the Motion Lotion biodegradable oil from Bailey's and it was not as long lasting as the more expensive Stihl BioPlus. It made more of flinging mess.

I've seen the regular Stihl oil fling much more than the Stihl BioPlus.

I don't have any real substantiation about the effect of bar oil becoming atomized and inhaled. If so, seems to me that inhaling oil isn't a very good thing for the lungs.

Seems like the price difference is marginal based on consumption.

I also use the HP Ultra full synthetic 2-cycle oil. Seems to burn cleaner.

The two choices don't seem to drive up operating costs much as compared to adverse effects on my health.

Sure put me in the tree hugger catagory that worries about my health, as well as the trees. Guess what, I find the MS 192t 200t 361 and 441's better anti-vibe properties are worthwhile as well. I eat my vegetables, too, but I like the meat a lot, too. If I've gotta give up something, make it the bread.

Just cause a person is concerned about the urban or wildland forest doesn't mean that you don't cut trees. Prescribed cutting of trees can be extremely healthy to the forest.

Latest posts

Back