best big bore kit foe a dolmar 6400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 84 cc big bore i put on a 7300, it runs pretty well, but not as strong as the 7900, I have run them side by side. I paid less than a 100 bucks with the cabers on sale 2-3 years ago?? I do not remember which am kit it was, it was an "a" quality kit if I remember correctly.

Mine was a special sale for sure. The 84cc seems to have good low end grunt/torque, but does not spool up as quick as the OEM. The 7300 is a kick hiney saw also if you can get a better deal on them, better on gas use if that matters to you.

One thing to remember about Weedeaterman.

Those guys don't need a special sale to take extra good care of a customer.

Randy and Henry are top shelf......

I only asked as it would be $149 for the P&C + cabers if ordered (today) off the website. $80 is a great deal

The BB kits that I have seen for the 7900 have been of a very good quality. Weedeaterman is probably the best in the business at finding top quality kits if that is what you are set on doing.

That said........the BB kits just seem to give that saw too much displacement for the case volume. I can make a better running saw with the standard bore size........and that goes for every model I've tried them on.

that's an interesting thought, but it's been my impression that the dolmar/makitas have ample case capacity. i've never actually measured capacity but here's a comparison of strokes from several common saws in the mid 60cc's class:

dolmar 6400 37mm
husqvarna 262 34mm
husqvarna 362 36mm
stihl 038 34mm

the dolmar has the longest stroke of the four. also, after installing the bailey's nwp 84ccm kit on two hd makitas the one thing that is most remarkable is their ability to guzzle fuel which i think may be due to their big cases. i don't do any other performance enhancements except for cleaning up the ports a little. i do work them hard and they have done well.

I've got 2 dolmar 6400's and a Makita 6421 thinking about big boring all three or I might sell the 6421. I don't really need three. Who makes the best big bore kits? I tried to message weedeaterman and got no response on when they would be available, they are backordered now.

Great question. I'm planning on putting a BBK on my 6421 when/if I get this PP375 running. Since you have three of the same saws I don't feel that bad about my idea to buy another HD 6421.

also, after installing the bailey's nwp 84ccm kit on two hd makitas the one thing that is most remarkable is their ability to guzzle fuel which i think may be due to their big cases. i don't do any other performance enhancements except for cleaning up the ports a little. i do work them hard and they have done well.

How much of a difference are we talking about here? I already think my fuel tank runs out too quick when I'm bucking large logs, don't want to stop every 10 minutes to refuel.

How much of a difference are we talking about here? I already think my fuel tank runs out too quick when I'm bucking large logs, don't want to stop every 10 minutes to refuel.

I've never used a stop watch but i do notice how quickly the 84ccm makita 6401's burn thru a tank. i might refuel four times between 0730 and lunch. my husqvarna 575 uses two tanks in the same general situation. i also notice that the 2.5 gallon fuel can disappears a lot faster when running the makitas. they're thirstier than a groundman at beer:30.

I've never used a stop watch but i do notice how quickly the 84ccm makita 6401's burn thru a tank. i might refuel four times between 0730 and lunch. my husqvarna 575 uses two tanks in the same general situation. i also notice that the 2.5 gallon fuel can disappears a lot faster when running the makitas. they're thirstier than a groundman at beer:30.

Ah, that's what I was afraid of. I don't use chainsaws for a living but it's a pain having to stop all the damn time to refuel. I think I'll leave it stock. Thanks for the comparison.

The BB kit in the 84cc was a great kit... but we're having a hard time obtaining that exact kit. Been on back-order for a while now and we're not buying junk just to have a product available.

As of late, I try not to post in every thread... tired of hearing the same old song and dance, it's cheaper somewhere else or all aftermarket stuff is junk, some people are just broken records and enjoy trying to get a rise out of you for the sake of arguing! I don't have time to search every website and I don't sell a lot OEM items, sorry. I do stand behind what I sell, seen anybody get a warranty replacement on a cylinder kit from Stihl, my dealer won't warranty anything but a new saw and then he's looking for a reason not to!

I may actually have one of the OEM cylinders laying around that I took off when testing the BB kits, let me have a look. Last time I looked, the piston kit was something like $106 alone. But for $215, the entire OEM kit with a cover... that's a great deal!

The BB kit in the 84cc was a great kit... but we're having a hard time obtaining that exact kit. Been on back-order for a while now and we're not buying junk just to have a product available.

As of late, I try not to post in every thread... tired of hearing the same old song and dance, it's cheaper somewhere else or all aftermarket stuff is junk, some people are just broken records and enjoy trying to get a rise out of you for the sake of arguing! I don't have time to search every website and I don't sell a lot OEM items, sorry. I do stand behind what I sell, seen anybody get a warranty replacement on a cylinder kit from Stihl, my dealer won't warranty anything but a new saw and then he's looking for a reason not to!

I may actually have one of the OEM cylinders laying around that I took off when testing the BB kits, let me have a look. Last time I looked, the piston kit was something like $106 alone. But for $215, the entire OEM kit with a cover... that's a great deal!

Post in every thread or not........you are still my hero. :)

You and Henry took the task of finding quality AM parts to a whole new level. I'm pretty sure you guys have had an impact on the whole market.

I bought my bbk from weedeaterman and love it. I have over 10 gallons of fuel (about 45 minutes of run time!) through it and no problems. All joking aside they are thirsty with the kit but so far worth saving a hundred bucks just to cut firewood and do some milling. If you see the the video on weedeatermans website, that's me and my Makita with his bbk.

Latest posts

Back