Best Bucket Lift ??????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckylogger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
HEY GUYS
ANY OPINIONS ON THE BEST BUCKET LIFT OUT THERE?
ALTEC, ARIEL LIFT OF CONNETICUT, HI-RANGER ETC.
ANY PROS AND CONS TO EACH?
THANKS FELLAS:rock:

Without an elevator I would say it is all in what you like. With an elevator Hi-Ranger. Altec has some MESSED UP control schemes! So I put them at the bottom of my list. Although I like their booms the best.

There has been MANY threads Just like this one. do a search for terms like lift bucket aerial etc

Hi-Ranger sucks, they will be falling apart within a couple years.......aerial lift of conn. for service and longevity, as well as top performance for over 50 years!

Hi-Ranger sucks, they will be falling apart within a couple years.......aerial lift of conn. for service and longevity, as well as top performance for over 50 years!

Well I have a high ranger over forty years old still working
fine, compensating chain does make the noise though!
I have found the problems with most booms are the people
in them not taking care of them or no nothing about maintenance.

Well I have a high ranger over forty years old still working
fine, compensating chain does make the noise though!
I have found the problems with most booms are the people
in them not taking care of them or no nothing about maintenance.

yup!

I'm partial to teco myself, saturn in particular.
-Ralph

WTF? I have run them, one from the '70s, a "Lineman" boom, not over centre but it worked good. And I ran the newer over center ones, I have seen them run hard five days a week doing utility work for years on end. You don't know anything.

WTF? I have run them, one from the '70s, a "Lineman" boom, not over centre but it worked good. And I ran the newer over center ones, I have seen them run hard five days a week doing utility work for years on end. You don't know anything.

Not tellig you how to do your job but AJ is a specimen in the tree world!

Careful............

:eek: :popcorn:

Aerial Lift with a joystick and 2-man bucket would be nice...

I've had good luck with High Rangers, have owned 2 (48pbi's) from the 1970's: Simple machines, easy to maintain. The '77 still runs fine, I just need a new truck to put under it. Currently I'm flying an Altec AN755, 60-footer w/2-man bucket. It gets the job done.

Best bucket truck you can buy right now is a 75fter Mat-3 starts at $150,000. If you have never used a telescoping upper boom before you don't know what you are missing!

Best aerial lift you can buy is Reachmaster Falcon FS95t starts at $270,000

I currently don't have the best. But my 60' Altec and 76' Spider lift does the job. I do dream about owning the Mat 3 and the Falcon one day.

Last edited:
Versalift 40' or 55' line clearing....

Tadano 75'
equip_9.jpg

I've got a 75' Abbey, made in Australia (where I am ) 1990 model and it' great.
Had 55' and 75'Cranvels in the past and 40' and 55' Static's, all did the job with minimal problems.
Versalift works ok, but seem a bit flimsy to me.

Go gaff a ROW ya hack....Im talking about the 75' scissor elevators by terex, not a line clearance forestry unit. Its pretty apparent why they kept you on the line clearance crew the last 20 years.

You goober............I have a hi-ranger that is older than you are. Works fine.

ive had a highranger, asplundh, and now im running a baker they all seem to work good for me . i really like the joystick. i would love to have a elavator might have to buy one .

Go gaff a ROW ya hack....Im talking about the 75' scissor elevators by terex, not a line clearance forestry unit. Its pretty apparent why they kept you on the line clearance crew the last 20 years.

Why didn't you say so, you just said Hi-Ranger, meaning in general. I have not run a scissor/elevator lift yet. Anyways, are not your hands and feet sore from them spikes you were nailed to the cross with?
Nevermind, I'll go back to the r.o.w., mans work, where you wouldn't be allowed to go, here, anyways.

Back