Best Chainsaw advice I ever heard...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digiacomor

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
"Never lone out your chainsaw or your girlfriend they will never come back the same."

I never lone out my saws, I usually end up cutting their trees for them. I don't know if it is because I love cutting wood or because I am worried about them wrecking my saw. How about you?

"Never lone out your chainsaw or your girlfriend they will never come back the same."

I never lone out my saws, I usually end up cutting their trees for them. I don't know if it is because I love cutting wood or because I am worried about them wrecking my saw. How about you?
I have saws that I fix up just for that reason "Loaner Saws".
Usually a craftsman or poulan that I pick up cheap at a yard sale or auction. I like working on saws & lending one out usually creates work.

I Might lend out my girlfriend to receive payment of a saw!!

hahahahahahaha Just kidding!

Don't tell her I said that!!!

:agree2: If they need to barrow my saws then they prolly need a qualified operator to. Way too many stories of guys saws wrecked by a friend barrowing saws anything from straight gas,dull chains with burned up bars to tree falling on saw stuck in the cut. Not worth the risk of them ruining your saw, your friendship, their property, or their life or family member.

Last edited:
I don't let the ground guys that work for me fuel my saws.

And there's not anyone I would loan a saw to without me onsite.

I agree with braggs, "If someone has enough knowledge and experience to be able to use your saw without damaging it or harming himself... he probably already owns a saw and keeps it well-maintained, so he doesn't need to borrow yours! "

Rep sent.

Brothers-in-law are Enemy #1 of your saw. Read others' tales of woe; 90% of the time it's the brother-in-law that borrows the saw and returns it destroyed.

I know, because I borrowed my brother-in-law's MS290 before I had a saw. And returned it non-running, with a scored piston. (It was running badly when he loaned it to me - I think it was already at death's door, from running previously with a bad fuel line... still...)

:agree2: Is that kind of like not loaning somebody your old lady or your old tractor because they're liable to throw a rod in either one?:hmm3grin2orange:

I have saws that I fix up just for that reason "Loaner Saws".
Usually a craftsman or poulan that I pick up cheap at a yard sale or auction. I like working on saws & lending one out usually creates work.

+1

I have a Poulan Pro 42cc 18" that is my "loaner" saw. I made the mistake of loaning out my Husky 353 one time to a good friend. He is a great guy, otherwise he would never have got the saw...anyway, the saw came back in sad shape. It looked like he had been cutting stumps all day, then buried the saw in mud for a few hours. I needed the saw for a project, so I went by to pick it up. Cluch cover was off, bar/chain was off, chain was toast, etc.

If you say "please" I might even come and do the work myself, otherwise let me introduce you to Mr. Poulan.

JQ

"Never come back the same", interesting!! VERY INTERESTING!!!

Anyone want to borrow my wife for a while, change might be good!!!:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

you guys loan out your poulan i would never do that to my poulan maybe because it is one of my more important saws in my whole arsenal. this saw hauls sum a$$ for a stock saw i only got it for 75$ at a yard sale. i love it!!!1

I don't see how it should be my job to stock and maintain a loaner. That's why there are rental shops.

rule 1

I've learned that if you are going to lend out a saw, then make sure that you also provide the fuel can, and never a new chain.

I had a friend ask me to use my saw once. I let him have my old Wild Thing because it wasn't worth that much.

When I gave it to him at work another guy told me I was crazy. That guy is accident prone. I thought about it for awhile and realized that he was right. I was regretting lending it to him for fear of him getting himself hurt.

I was able to breathe a sigh of relief when he came back to work and told me that it wouldn't start. I knew that he had flooded it out and was glad that he did.

Latest posts

Back