Best No Woodboogering sign I've seen...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
In my neck of the woods if the state or power company take down a tree along your property line and you don't mark the wood as spoken for nature takes it course and the native New England Woodboga cleans it up in a day like a dung beetle cleaning the Serengeti.

(State Highway in this area tends to cut trees down and chip brush one day, remove whatever remains the next; while the power company will leave the good wood if you ask when signing the permission for them to take down trees on or alongside your property.)

This is the best sign I've seen yet :)

IMG_5893.JPG IMG_5894.JPG

Looks like skid steer forks behind the tree on the left, put a machine under them and loading that wood should be fun and easy.

If I drove down the road and saw that pile sitting in a yard other than my own, I'd stop and ask before helping myself. I would expect others to do the same were it on my own property. Seems to be the norm in these parts.

We've had a healthy discussion in the past with all the armchair lawyers weighing in on easement, setback, etc. There are some interesting opinions.

Best sign I've seen in a situation like this was a 4x8 sheet of OSB on the pile with fullsize letters "NO". :)

There is so much wood laying on the sides of the road not far from me it's sickening, it's recently been cut by the power companies or phone companies.
If I had the time I would ride over there and ask around.

Hell we get people stealing wood right out of our log decks.

"well, it was just sitting there"

Hmm, your truck was just sitting in the druveway, that mean I can take it?

Had a guy running around stealing 8-10 cords of tree length at a time with a log truck. Took at least 40 cords from us this year.

Somehow is above the law, troopers won't do anything. He stole several hundred gallons of fuel, and the troopers threatened to put the fuel owner in jail if he persued it! WTF!

Had a guy running around stealing 8-10 cords of tree length at a time with a log truck. Took at least 40 cords from us this year.

Somehow is above the law, troopers won't do anything. He stole several hundred gallons of fuel, and the troopers threatened to put the fuel owner in jail if he persued it! WTF!
people up there must be real dumb !! after the first log theft leave a camera abouts!! fuel same thing !! you can hide a camera to where you can forget where you put it they conceal so well!!! lol like I said "people up there must be dumb or extra slow from the cold"... but not the thieves ??? lol

Need some backwoods justice in those parts! Get a few of the loggers that you trust together and a blanket and a big heavy rubber hose. Then delete this thread :)

Obviously you have not sufficiently bribed the troopers....

It's expected around here that wood stacked or piled on the roadside is up for grabs. Same with metal. I once left a nice little sump pump by the road overnight outside a building I own that is right on the sidewalk. Whups! Oh well.

It's expected around here that wood stacked or piled on the roadside is up for grabs. Same with metal. I once left a nice little sump pump by the road overnight outside a building I own that is right on the sidewalk. Whups! Oh well.
I hate when things just walk off on their own. I lost a 1/2impact once. Had to be careful or it would wring the lug bolts on my truck. I knew it had to be in my shop somewhere. Best cleaning the shop ever had looking for it. Took everything out of the shop, Cleared every shelf and even emptied out the trash can. No impact. That has been several years ago and that impact aint walked back in the shop yet.

We have a sort of unwritten law in my area if cut wood is left lying horizontal it's up for grabs, if it's propped vertical its wanted by the cutter or someone he knows,the locals respect this, but the increasing # of scroungers don't, the concealed electric fence wire intertwined in the pile seem to deter the theives but over the years they have got more cheeky & demanding My neighbor has a dog that's a GS /Wolf 2nd gen cross he's dopey to folk he knows but more than a handful to those he doesn't know

81014b.jpg

This was from a few years ago. Got permission from the landowner to go in and clean up tops, talked to the logger and he said "anything laying around the landing that's under 7 feet long" except this pile, which the start of firewood log pile.

Back