Best performing chisel chain for my 346ne

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffwb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello to all. I am new to this great site and have a question about which full chisel chain will perform best on my 346ne.I am currently using husq. H21/325.

Husky 346xp ne
Stihl 460

Last edited:
As the others have said, any non-safety chisel chain is going to cut very well. In all of the stihl, oregon, carlton (wpro) debates I've heard, I've never heard that one is head and shoulders faster than the other.

Stihl and Carlton are regarded as the harder wearing of the three.
Stihl and Oregon both have comfort chassis available to reduce vibration.
They all cut wood.

The biggest thing is just that it's not a safety chain with bumper guards or anything else funky going on...that's what will slow you down.

OK, which dealer has .325 x .050?

Bart,
Spike60,Baileys, edge and engine,Cutting scott, all of our site sponsors will have .325/.050 in either Oregon LPX or Carlton/woodland pro.

Locally to ya, just find the local Stihl or Husqvarna dealer that isn't a box store.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

As i posted i am using what my new saw came with H21/058/325 which is Oregon 21lp? I am going to order some 28rc from Baileys.

Oregon LGX 3/8 full chisel on a Windsor 16" Mini-Pro bar. This chain stays sharp a long time, you can pay extra for stihl but I have not had any issues running this chain for firewood.

Scott

I'm running the 21LP on my 346 with 16 bar. Awesome.

Al :cheers:

So do I - I also use Stihl 25RSC, but prefer the Oregon 21LP in .325.

The LP has longer cutters that taper off less abruptly, and cuts a slightly narrower kerf when new.

H21 is the same chain as the 21LP.

Last edited:
I always liked my .325 in Stihl RS. Never ran this RSC you guys list now.

Whats the difference in the RS and RSC?

So do I - I also use Stihl 25RSC, but prefer the Oregon 21LP in .325.

The LP has longer cutters that taper off less abruptly, and cuts a slightly narrower kerf when new.

H21 is the same chain as the 21LP.

Is the LPX chain also the same as LP? I don't find LP offered anywhere.

Back