best power to weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure lumberman will have his 562 at Scott's, there will be plenty to run it against. I haven't run one yet, I was going to but Mitch threw his under a falling tree before I got my hands on it. The 555 was impressive enough, I'm sure the 562 will exceed MY expectations. $750 it better. :)

I think you're just skeered:) How do you expect us to show you how those models are supposed to run, lol!

Skeered to death! :) ya know ive been thinkin for a while now about havin just a regular GTG myself. If I do I would shoot for mid October. Real pretty when the leaves are changing. Its about 3500 feet give or take. The weather is always real crisp that time of year. Just right for a GTG imo.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure of the exact weight but when my 044 Mag arrived in the box the shipping label said 13 lbs. Installing a big bore kit on it so I'll have the 044/046 hybrid. 2mm bigger on the p&c and about 7 more CC. I also run an 029 Super and the weight seems comparable to me. I can't wait to rip into some timber with my new hybrid. A muffler mod and maybe a port down the road and I can be real close to pushing the same power as an 80 CC.
Half of it is hanging in the paint department right now. Parts due tomorrow. If all goes well.......saw meets wood in about 3 days!

I'm not sure of the exact weight but when my 044 Mag arrived in the box the shipping label said 13 lbs. Installing a big bore kit on it so I'll have the 044/046 hybrid. 2mm bigger on the p&c and about 7 more CC. I also run an 029 Super and the weight seems comparable to me. I can't wait to rip into some timber with my new hybrid. A muffler mod and maybe a port down the road and I can be real close to pushing the same power as an 80 CC.
Half of it is hanging in the paint department right now. Parts due tomorrow. If all goes well.......saw meets wood in about 3 days!

Both the 044 and 029S weigh right at 14lbs.

If you are installing an aftermarket BB kit, it is unlikely that you are gaining any power over the original P/C. The timing tends to be off and the ports/transfers are always up to snuff.

Both the 044 and 029S weigh right at 14lbs.

If you are installing an aftermarket BB kit, it is unlikely that you are gaining any power over the original P/C. The timing tends to be off and the ports/transfers are always up to snuff.

Recommendations?

For best and noticeable results, you'd want to port and polish the aftermarket jug...

Sounds good to me. I will run it like it is (will be) for awhile until I hone my skills. I have never ported/polished before so I want to learn/practice for awhile before I attempt it on this saw. I could have ported and polished the OEM cylinder too (chips under the intake) but lack the skill as of right now so I settled on the BB kit.
It's hard to fathom why you wouldn't see a power increase with a bigger cylinder and piston but then again I'm still learning about all of this so I imagine I will understand soon enough. In the meantime I am enjoying my second rebuild. Thanks for replying/advice!

Man, they are soooo smooth and strong in a little package. Best stock saw Ive ever ran. You just have to run one. You wouldnt believe the power she puts out

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

The 560xp is of course even better looking, and a bit lighter....:cool2:

It's hard to fathom why you wouldn't see a power increase with a bigger cylinder and piston but then again I'm still learning about all of this so I imagine I will understand soon enough. In the meantime I am enjoying my second rebuild. Thanks for replying/advice!

There is much more to making power than just displacement. The timing of the BB kits often does't match OEM. Another thing is that the extra bore diameter is usually gained at the expense of the size of the transfers. The increased bore intrudes into the transfer's space, restricting the flow of the charge from the crankcase to the cylinder.

Latest posts

Back