Best Value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noah

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
One more time. I have two walnuts that need to be sold. One has cut and down for over a year, but has been kept off of ground. Its the base of a very old WN. Problem is that its on a hill side and I don't have eqpt to get it on a truck. Will most lumber yards still give a fair price even though its over a year old?
AND Would it pay to rent someone w/a large eqt. to remove it, or does it pay more to have a logging co. to come by w/their truck, etc. and split the 60/40 or whatever they normal give.

Same questions for another large WN that is down, but still stumpage w/ roots in ground? Need special eqt. or someone to remove and haul off for percentage. Thanks for help!

Best regards,

Noah

my opionion

Depends call around see what walnut is going for in youre area, not sure youre location, even if it is going for a god price some guys have enough access to other wood, and dont want to spend much time with ones that are a hassle. In my opionion unless ther is alot of wod there someone is not going to go to the trouble of hauling, and setting up equipement, even if they want the wood.. They would probably still want god money. Maybe the thing to do would be buck it up into rounds, and split it up for firewood, to sell or burn youreself that is what I would do.

Latest posts

Back