Best way to deal with stump grindings?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I am new around here. I started up my business in April of last year. I am running into the problem of not wanting to do stumps because of the clean up and haul away. The main problem is that I have no where to dump and the place that I did find that takes grindings says that they have to be "clean" grindings (no dirt or anything just shavings). Has anyone heard this and how would you go about keeping the grindings clean?
Thanks in advance,
-Curt

Can't keep or get stump grindings clean. I have the same problem with dumping. Where I dump they only take wood or wood chips, no stump grindings. I have developed a couple of other spots that I can dump stump grindings (a customers "back 40" and a nursery that uses them to "heel in" the plants that they dig in the spring). The nursery doesn't care if they are a little dirty. Check with the lawn mowing services and see where they dump the yard debris that they collect.

I sell them to hobby horse folks near me. They use it as bedding/corral cushion. Consider in town chicken coops? (Trade for eggs) When I get a truckload I try to take it straight there to avoid double loading. When I do a little stump I put it in my compost.
I've mulched my flowerbeds with it for years with no issues.

Hi, I am new around here. I started up my business in April of last year. I am running into the problem of not wanting to do stumps because of the clean up and haul away. The main problem is that I have no where to dump and the place that I did find that takes grindings says that they have to be "clean" grindings (no dirt or anything just shavings). Has anyone heard this and how would you go about keeping the grindings clean?
Thanks in advance,
-Curt

find a golf course, horse track, airport large open sites or similar see if they can use what you bring. i spread meters as a thick track surface layer to firm a earthy surface allow all weather access, much depends on the grind quality some woods look neat other chunky pulp & rough

I just convince them its gold as light mulch lol no pitchfork needed by me but I do explain they will need one if they intend to move it. I also explain I can move it double the stump charge not many takers :p

Latest posts

Back