beware falling prices!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also sell my other credentials- ISA certified Arborist, degree in Arboriculture and in Horticulture, State licensed pesticide applicator, 20 years experience, etc. My core customer base is the upper class wealthty,definitely not the average joe. Details like these are important to this class of customer. When I do bid jobs for working class people, I still stress my credentials. I give my bid, and I find that I still get about 40% of those bids.

If you are getting 40% of your bids, that would throw a very strong warning flag for me.
Without some extreme out of the ordinary conditions, that means you are bidding to cheap!

JS
not always the case. I charge a consultation fee upfront to look at work and take it off the job if I get it. Some say "he" will quote it for free ,why pay you? By explaining the benefits of hiring us (with references to back it up) we can score well over 50% of our bids and we aren't't giving the work away. It is also a good way to discourage the tire kickers! A professional with a good reputation will usually get what he is worth. Honesty, quality workmanship, professionalism always trump a cheap price.

Latest posts

Back