Biggest tree yet! And.... passing on the CAD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catman963

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What a great weekend - had ALL the saws out and running at one time or another!! Friday, we got to do a little logging again - we didn't get to go all-out - but we took 12 trees down, and got all the logs hauled to the sawmill.

I cut my biggest tree so far :cheers: an Ash, measured 47" at my felling cut!! And wow, my 385xp sure did well, 32" bar and full skip chain, and it flat out tore it up!! So anyhow, we made the first Ash log a 12 footer (it was still 38" at 12' ).... and yea, THAT didn't work out so well... My Takeuchi couldn't even pick it up!! :cry: SO, we knocked it down to 10', and then I could at least MOVE it, but we still had a heck of a time getting it on the trailer!! Ended up having to put the bucket on the machine, and make a ramp up to the trailer, just so I could pick it up enough to get it over the fender..... :dizzy:

AnYhOw... on to the CAD...

When we cut the Ash log down from 12', to 10' - I asked my buddy if he wanted to run my saw and make the cut! (His only saw, is a Husky 460) He didn't even hardly have the 32" bar buried, before he was grinning like the Cheshire cat :laugh: He made 2 more cuts with my saw that day, and talked about it the rest of the day, and... half the day Sat too lol !!

Friday night, we spend about 2 hours on the internet, and Arboristsite - searching about saws and all the great info here...

Saturday, we hit up the local Husky dealer!! :clap: After all the reading here, and talking to the dealer - my buddy decided to go for a Husky 372XPW - which was not in stock, but the dealer said he could have one in, within a few days or so... Its not ordered yet, but soon... Just gotta get the check from the sawmill, for the logs we hauled on Friday!!

So..... :dunno: is there any partial cure for CAD, for myself - by passing it on to a friend!?? :laugh:

You might be able to cure your CAD by living vicariously though your friend.

But it might also cause you to be jealous and buy more for yourself.

Awww man!?!! So, basically, by spreading the CAD :buttkick: I have actually made my own even WORSE!?? :cry:

Although.... I think... I AM almost more excited than he is, about the prospect of a 372xpw :help::laugh:

Why would anyone want a cure? It's like wanting to be cured of your arms and legs. Get the beer in, put your chaps through the wash, sharpen all the chains til they grin, sleep for a few hours and then start all over again. And don't be afraid to share, they'll thank you for it once they're up to speed and own more than 3 saws.

Well I am the buddy of Catman963 and I cant wait to get my new Saw. Everything I am reading and hearing is that the 372xpw is one of the best for its size.

Chad forgot to say that he was working on my truck over the weekend. I have a F350 power stroke. Chad did all the work on it except the transmission. He did the gauges, I have a 3inch down pipe to 4inch exhaust out the back, and now I got a Jody Tipton Dp Tunner chip in my truck that he put in. WOW what a difference that chip makes. I never want to drive a stock truck again!!

Latest posts

Back