Biggest wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hedgerow

Hedgerow

HACK
Near 60" Pecan stem. Had been cut down and whittled on but a 10' long piece was left. Two 8' truckloads from that piece.

Hal

I found one of those Hal...

[video=youtube;wpfaA-HdXdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpfaA-HdXdw&list=UUfB03KVhJRBISPufMa8F7GA[/video]

That's a 36" bar on the 9010.

Last edited:
Hedgerow

Hedgerow

HACK
Few shots of a 36" dbh Cottonwood I dropped last fall, best guess was 110' tall. It had died the year before, needed to get it down before it became a hazard.

Made a hellofa thump when it hit the ground.

Ed

Ed...
De-forresting Shiawassee County, one stick at a time...
:laugh::laugh:
110 ft. is a tall freaking cottonwood!!!

Wolfcsm
Good stuff!!!

Going Friday to look at some oak a lady wants out that she said was 6' in diameter. We shall see. WIll get some pictures.

Hal

Went out yesterday to look at what she had and do some cutting. Guess she did not know the difference between 3' and 6'. Lots of good wood but nothing I saw over 3'. Still six big dead oaks that are 3' and very tall. All down by a river which is why they are tall rather that spread out.

Hal

zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
Went out yesterday to look at what she had and do some cutting. Guess she did not know the difference between 3' and 6'. Lots of good wood but nothing I saw over 3'. Still six big dead oaks that are 3' and very tall. All down by a river which is why they are tall rather that spread out.

Hal

That's like upwards of 10 to 15 cord or so if you milk the branches out and they are still there up above in any quantity. Good score! Getting paid to cut them down, or just free wood?

jrider

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Cut and split some logs that were bigger across than my 36" bar this morning and you guys can keep all that big stuff! Takes too much time and doesn't mix well with heat. Plus the knots are that much bigger and harder to bust apart. I will take 10"-20" diameter all day long.

Wood Doctor
Cut and split some logs that were bigger across than my 36" bar this morning and you guys can keep all that big stuff! Takes too much time and doesn't mix well with heat. Plus the knots are that much bigger and harder to bust apart. I will take 10"-20" diameter all day long.
+1. You can also lift a 10" to 20" log most of the time. However, please reduce 20" down to 16" and I will agree with you. If I gave you an 20" dia. pin oak or locust round that was 18" long, I have a feeling I'd be taking you to the hospital after you tried to lift it onto the tailgate of your truck.

stihly dan

stihly dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
That's when you build a set of stairs with the smaller rounds. Stack of 2 then 1. Flop each big round right up. Easy peasy.

tomtrees58

tomtrees58

Addicted to ArboristSite
18jcj8.jpg
i have cut bigger with my 6' bar

Latest posts