Bio Bricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A. Stanton

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Clerk at the local store told me that one brick will keep the wood stove burning all day. So I decided to buy a bundle--20 for $7.00.

Thats quite a claim he has for them. I'd like to see that work out for you.

Is that all day burning for heat or for ambience (comfort). Might make a difference to the end user.

If I could cut them down and watch them fall I would give them a try,
there is no fun spending money on fire. and if there is no noise for get it:chainsaw:

They sell them at the feed store near the house. Not sure about the 1 brick burns all day claim. I know that they sold an awful lot of them...couldn't keep them in stock.

I know the salesman is kind of a tool...watched him in action one day when I was in the store. He wasn't very nice to the owner...I would have tossed him out on his ear.

How much does a bio brick weigh?>

Then we can figure out if it burns all day.. really close to how many btus is in one.. and how many you will need to have burning at once to heat your house.

Then we can figure out if it burns all day.. really close to how many btus is in one.. and how many you will need to have burning at once to heat your house.

Are there any petro products holding the bricks together? Chimney buildup? just a few more ??s

I like chainsaws and trees too much to buy bio bricks.

Clerk at the local store told me that one brick will keep the wood stove burning all day. So I decided to buy a bundle--20 for $7.00.
Well, they now sell firewood bundles in sacks here at the supermarkets for $5 apiece and that's only about six logs or a little less than $1 a log. If each of these biobricks will "keep the stove burning all day" for 35 cents apiece, it might be worth looking at.

However, people who buy sacked logs do not attempt to heat their house with them. The only want to supply a cozy fireplace with some evening flames and a romantic atmosphere for whatever materializes after the fire is lit.

I burned a couple of those bio bricks that a friend of mine had.. they burn really hot and then they are done.. no coals, just some funky looking ash. maybe someone else has had better luck with them:confused:

Burned one of the bio bricks the other night. I was very disappointed: one brick gave me about one(1) hour burn time. I got tooken.

Burned one of the bio bricks the other night. I was very disappointed: one brick gave me about one(1) hour burn time. I got tooken.

Call it emergency wood if it makes you feel better even starter bricks with some wax on a corner. I'm guessing a sack of them weighs about 40#s ?

So instead of each one burning all day it takes a sack full to run about 24 hours or less. I'd be glad I didn't buy an entire seasons worth. $7.00 a day for 30 days is about the same cost as a cord of firewood. More or less depending on where you are. Not the same BTU's though even if the bricks are dryer.

Sorry to hear you are out $7.00 to find out. Thanks for giving the rest of us a heads up.

Could you use those brick to help wet or green wood burn?:)
Nothing like having wood sitting in your stove sizzling, popping, and smoldering.:mad:
I would be willing to give one a try when I get stuck with wet wood, as I did this season.

My dad bought a buch of them, they burn fast and hot thats about it, They leave very little behind. there's no additives added to make them stick together they're just compressed at high pressures. He likes them to a certain point, they're not as good as the real deal but he doesn't have the room to keep 5-6 cord of wood and he can just run down and get a pick-up load whenever he runs out. They work better on the newer air tight inserts and stoves where you can acurately control the air.

Back