BIS Fireplace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! Hows it working for you heat wise? I always went with stoves (vented up chimney) versus inserts due too having the stove sitting out on the hearth where the heat didn't go up the chim. Yours look pretty efficient though. Doesn't say how many BTU's it puts out?

Last edited:
I installed a very similar unit from Travis industries four years ago. Overall I am very impressed with the performance. The thing that I like better about yours is that it is non-cat. Mine has a catalistic combustor that performs great, but it needs to be replaced after just three seasons of burning 24/7 (they say it should last five to ten years). I have learned a lot about prolonging the life of the cat, so I think that I can get more years out of the next one. One of the things that I like about mine is the option to use outside air for heat because that intoduces fresh air into the house in the winter and positively preasurizes the house making it feel warmer (I couldn't tell if yours has that option). Anyway, it looks a well made unit. You will be very happy and the utility company not so happy.

Bis

I think it works great!!!!!!!! It draws it's air for combustion from outside, and has fans the recirc inside heated air. The company that I bought it from installed it with a air cooled chimmney pipe that I was concerened about bu it seems to be ok. Is this what you guys call a "insert" I thought it was called a zero clearance free standing fireplace? It has those tubes in the top of the firebox people been talking about where the air for combustion comes in... pretty cool to watch how it burns, flames come out those little holes like manifold on a gas furnace.

Mine looks like it my house was built in 85 i think its a company called new england ? anyway i love mine the fan could blow a little harder but we just
put a small fan in front of it .

I also wish it had someway to clean ashes out with the fire going good.
mine also has a lever you can use outside air or inside for combustion.
but i can fit a 30'' log in it.

Back