Blunders and freaky stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had The Bucket Set Up yesterday By The Sidewalk it was kinda slanted and i was careless and had the outrigger on the sidewalk side all halfass on the curb. well i got extended out and the outrigger slipped off the curb falling 6inches to the street pavement. was kinda scary went for a short bouncy ride not gonna make that mistake again.

Since i have started this thread i have had a string of bad luck. Its almost too much to tell

We are removing 8 large white pines near a lake. The last one has a bad back lean so we hook the truck to pull it over. As the rope is getting tighter it's sliding up the tree to the big branch the rope is over. All the sudden I see a branch an out 8 inches long and 2 inches in diameter break off and fly about 400 feet across a road and hit a boat house roof. Luckily there was no one there. We walked down and inspected for damage but there was none. Got lucky there!

Attacked by squirrels, attacked by an owl, had to punch a raccoon out of a tree. Notched over a maple, about 6 inches in about 250 gallons of water dumped out of the back cut. Rode the roots on a small Ash with a bad lean toward a house. I just start the back cut and my groundsman uproots the whole tree with a 4-1 pulley. Had an Ash fall over under me, luckily I was tied into a Pin Oak. Did an aerial rescue for a climber who tried to eat the bar on a 660.

Back