Booneville N.Y.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YUKON 659

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you chainsawin' "freaks":D will be going to Boonevillle N.Y. this year? It would be nice to put a name with a face and may be have a "cold" one or two or three or......
Jeff

Hi there, had fun today falling some nice cherry trees, but look at that wicked Dutchman I left in. It makes for tough wedging. I am lucky I didnt split it. If it had any natural lean it would have barber chaired, which is bad news. I looked in the undercut after removing the wedge, but didnt notice the dutchmen as it was filled with sawdust. Glad the Walkerized 385 cuts faster than the tree can fall.
John

The dates for the eventy are August 16,17 & 18. I think if you do a search for N.Y.State Woodsman Field Days you will find the website. Dennis, you guys might be "geeks" but you have turned me into chainsawin' freak!!!!:eek:

Oops,I meant event!:eek:
Hey Rick, I can lift heavy stuff, I ain't smart much and I shirley weren't no good in geo-graphy but, the last time I were lookin' at a picture of the USofA, N.Y. was to the right of the Missi, Missa.... whatever, so I guess that must be east.:D :D

I think he is on the right side of the Miss

I was born in the mighty Miss but thats another story.
Some people would say the east ... but... hey 8 feet to water!
Well 20 feet in the dry season. Any ex-river rats out there migrating to this NY show?

I will be their.
I found the web site But couldn't find any thing about the classes their running anyone have any info on classes ?

I`ll Be There

Methoss084, Booneville is a little over an hour west of Albany, via the thruway, and then about another 45 minutes north. Take the thruway west until you get to Westmoreland, 365 into Rome, and then rte 26 north from Rome to Booneville. If I fly below the radar at about mach 1 it takes me about an hour from my house, so I consider it to be in my back yard. :D If anyone should need info about accomodations let me know, I`ll try to help out.

Woodsjunkie, I`m pretty sure that the contestants are pretty much already finalized. They only accept the top ten(I think 10) season points holders. You will most likely see the big names that you see in the Stihl Timbersports series. I`m looking forward to seeing Gaston and Danny again, although Gypo tells me that they are no longer a team. Wonder if Gypo had anything to do with it or if it was that creep Rick. I hear that he has been making his way across Canada, LOL. Tupper lake has a competition right around the same time as the Clearwater Revival that is open to anyone. Tupper isn`t that far east past Booneville. You will probably see some of the posters from here competing at Tupper. Russ

Oh yeah, just because you can`t compete doesn`t mean you won`t have a good time. If you like looking at forestry equipment, sawmills, chainsaws, firewood processors, snowmobiles, atv`s, or wood nymphs, you will enjoy yourselves. You will also find some blowout prices on Husky saws and anything that goes with them. It is a safe place to bring women and children if they are interested. There are some decent places to eat in the area, and of course the night life that you would expect to find in the foothills of the Adirondacks. It has been awhile since I have called this area part of my home range, so it would probably be safe for me to give a guided tour of some of the more notorious watering holes about the area. But then again, maybe it would be a good thing if some of them remembered me;) Russ

Russ,
After reading the web site again I realized that oh well may still take a drive over just to socialize.
Tupper Lake sounds like fun , If you will keep us posted on it as far as classes , Dates , How to get entry forms Etc.
Would be appreciated, Eric

Well I found out about the monkey wrench last night:blob2:
Stihl is running Haward WI. agaist Boonville. So this is a good year to get in. July 1 st is the dead line to have all of your stuff to Phyllis. And you will need to show your time also on the sheets. I'll see you all there, if I don't get in then I'll Time (Volunteer) its the best way to see everything up close and get a shirt for free :)
Also this is the place to buy any type of saw or saw stuff you want.

Later,
Chris

Good Catch Rick

Yer right, Boonville. I guess my spelling is going south with the rest of my mind. Russ

Back