Boots are expensive!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgreanbeans

Treeaculterologist
Reaction score
So I am looking to get new boots, being a non-gaff climber in the beginning, I always used Cat boots with the gecko soles. Now that I am climbing with a broken body, I use them all the time. The cat boots are not working well. Heel is not deep enough. Time to breakdown and get some real boots, whatcha use and what is the cheapest place to get them. Been looking online :cry: Me no wanna spend 400 dollhairs

You are my favorite __________________________

Best quality climbing boot for the little money prolly the Hoffman drualiner like $260 you can get a carolina lineman boot for around $140 but I dont know how good they are.

I've had a pair of Danners for the last 2 years, well made, no complaints about them, still in good condition. They were on the high side though $425.00

I use Viberg 16" linemen boots $600 but are soooo very comfy on the spurs. Before I was wearing Redwings which just didn't have the arch support I needed.

Redwings is what I have, paid $200 back in 2000 for them. They are great in the tree, but I switch them out for a lighter/no heal boots once I hit the ground. I just can't walk for crap in high heels........lol.

I love my hoffman boots I got from baileys. They were a little over $200, 3 week wait to get them. I have climbed with the caralina boots, and my feet hurt after like 20 mins. I can stand in the hoffmans all day.

Wesco but they are expensive I get about 2-3 years out of a pair. when i try another boot i seem to loose confidence they just feel solid when on the pokers.

Redwings is what I have, paid $200 back in 2000 for them. They are great in the tree, but I switch them out for a lighter/no heal boots once I hit the ground. I just can't walk for crap in high heels........lol.

This is what I use to, and on long climbs....but for short climbs and ground work Im using merrell perimeter leather gore-tex hikers, very comfy and dont hurt like the loggers.

Do you guys really experiance problems with spikes and low heeled boots? Yes, Redwings SUCK! Oww oww oww.

Deevo, I don't even want to know what's living in there.

Picked up a pair of custom wesco's this fall.. talk about expensive. Got some Zamberland's this spring for pruning, comfortable but they didn't last... and at almost $300 for a pair that's pretty depressing.

I've had a pair of Danners for the last 2 years, well made, no complaints about them, still in good condition. They were on the high side though $425.00

I like Danners myself but i didn't pay no $425 for them. I used to get a pair of non steel towed for a $180 from the amish mall until they discontinued them. I cant find anything like them for that price:(

I just got Redwings this summer.....

Product Detail

Once you get past the break in (1-2 weeks) these boots are amazing, waterproof and very very comfortable. Easy to stand on spikes, and comfy to climb on. I used to only wear CAT, then switched to hiking boots, but the redwings are so comfortable I can't imagine buying anything but these in the future. Price was like $265, they seem very durable, but we'll see.

Product Detail

Once you get past the break in (1-2 weeks) these boots are amazing, waterproof and very very comfortable. Easy to stand on spikes, and comfy to climb on. I used to only wear CAT, then switched to hiking boots, but the redwings are so comfortable I can't imagine buying anything but these in the future. Price was like $265, they seem very durable, but we'll see.

Those are nice, look more comfy than my loggers.
My loggers are broken in, but always hurt when dragging, chipping, bucking and moving around, but there fine climbing in though...mine are 12in. high with gore-tex, steel toe...on the heavy side.

Those are nice, look more comfy than my loggers.
My loggers are broken in, but always hurt when dragging, chipping, bucking and moving around, but there fine climbing in though...mine are 12in. high with gore-tex, steel toe...on the heavy side.

Yea, there are a bit of a bustard for the first or second week, but for the price, I think you'll like them, and love them after they break in. So far they are tuff as hell especially with the protection on the heels and toes and I would honestly wear those boots over a pair of tennis shoes even in the office or just out walking around -- very comfortable.

Back