Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I still havn't found anything wrong with the 372 . I'll stick to them . Put a Big Bore jug on it and maybe have it hot rodded . I don't know what all this carb adjusting discussin is about anyway . I havnt touched the adjusters on my saws in years . The 372 is as it came out of the box . One of my 460's I've been running for 4 years next month . My newest 460 may get an 1/8 th open on the low speed jet . . It seems to be getting better the more I run it . Bought it used .
The last thing I'm going to do is pack more weight if it doesn't give me more power .

Its like Stihl discontinuing the 044/440 . How stupid can the be . One of the greatest saws ever made on planet earth and they quit making them :bang:

Tramp in most of the country the 440s are back on the shelf. The last time I was in the local co op there was one on the shelf. They went up a lot but they're available for now.

I am yet to here of a problem with the autotune part of it just the autotune trying to fix a problem

I think your right about the autotune they just replaced the carb welch plug was loose and gas was coming out of the muffler. When you got the saw started the autotune would keep it running. The new carb came with new electronics on it. The saw isn't flooding now it's just not running right.

Since I still havn't found anything wrong with the 372 . I'll stick to them . Put a Big Bore jug on it and maybe have it hot rodded . I don't know what all this carb adjusting discussin is about anyway . I havnt touched the adjusters on my saws in years . The 372 is as it came out of the box . One of my 460's I've been running for 4 years next month . My newest 460 may get an 1/8 th open on the low speed jet . . It seems to be getting better the more I run it . Bought it used .
The last thing I'm going to do is pack more weight if it doesn't give me more power .

Its like Stihl discontinuing the 044/440 . How stupid can the be . One of the greatest saws ever made on planet earth and they quit making them :bang:

I had a bunch of 372's and maybe ajusted the carb twice now the dolmars were a different story.

Time to see how long a 441 CM would last, I'd be interested to see if your "mojo" would mess up one of those, as I don't think anyone has had any problems with them ...... that I know of. My dealer has sold a lot of them and they haven't heard anything but good back from them.

Be interesting,

Sam

How long have you been running your 441 CM? I got a good 6 months out of the 576A/T before this carb problem. We have to lop are tops down to 2 feet and I like to keep mine under that, so your on and off the trigger all the time that can be rough on a saw.

I'll be buying a carb 576XP. That Auto-tune is for the birds.

You might be better off. I think the autotune part is fine, but if you have a problem you have to run back to the dealer it's like opening the hood on a new car they take you out of the equation when it comes to fixing it.

You said you bought it in boonville was it cj's they are usually pretty handy as far as service, I hope you don't give up on the saw I have a feeling after you get this hiccup outa the way she will run for a while did they put the same kinda carb back on it mines a 09 and I have a different carb but not sure what make it is

You said you bought it in boonville was it cj's they are usually pretty handy as far as service, I hope you don't give up on the saw I have a feeling after you get this hiccup outa the way she will run for a while did they put the same kinda carb back on it mines a 09 and I have a different carb but not sure what make it is

I did buy it at cj's and I have talked to Matt about it they seem very nice,but they 3 hours away, so I'm taking it to the local husky dealer because it's still under warranty. They are a big shop sell John Deere equipment, snowmobiles, motorcycles, stihls, huskys, trailers,etc. etc. you talk to the service manager he takes your saw and says he'll give you a call. You never see the person who does the work. Not like the small shop I used to deal with he take your saw and dive right into it while you waited.

Wish you luck hopefully when you get it back it's right this time

You might be better off. I think the autotune part is fine, but if you have a problem you have to run back to the dealer it's like opening the hood on a new car they take you out of the equation when it comes to fixing it.

And that is the problem . In the loggin camps on the Coast up here , every faller HAD TO FIX
thier own saw . And No stump wrenchin tolerated .

Last thing I want is a saw that needs to go back to the shop .

I have had my at for 3 years now and if I was to do it all over again I would buy a at with out a doubt

Called the shop to see how they were making out on the 576A/T that I dropped off on Monday. Was told by the service manager they didn't get a chance to look at it and MAYBE next week they could free somebody up to take a look at it. The good news is that parts of the log job has dried up so I can get back in there next week.

Called the shop to see how they were making out on the 576A/T that I dropped off on Monday. Was told by the service manager they didn't get a chance to look at it and MAYBE next week they could free somebody up to take a look at it. The good news is that parts of the log job has dried up so I can get back in there next week.

100% unacceptable. I'd get it and drive as far as I had to.

I been running 2 576xp saw laitily. one with autotune and one without. Both have had Major carb issues. both have been pressure and vac tested many times. Im on carb no. 5 for the non autotune one, and 2 carbs for the auto tune one. Same problems, flooding, hesitation, dieing at idle when hot. WTF husqvarna??????? I really liked these saws, but anymore there carbs have been junk. I have even tried resetting inlet needle lever hight many times in all the carbs with no changes....back to the 372xp and ms440 for me:frown:

Funky sawman what year 576's you have I have a 09 with 75 ta 100 cord on it with no problems so far I use no treatment with the gas I just buy what I can use in a day or two I still think its more of a gas issue it's junk

Back