Bought a 576 AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I bet I'm not that far from ya I live about 35 minutes from cj's husky rules

Have not got it yet won't be in till the seventh not sure yet on the bar but I will tell you I can't Waite to get it I have been wanting one for quite some time now

Nothing against my autotune my opinion they are a damn fine saw

Ya I guess so they have them brand new on eBay for twenty bucks, well I traded my 576 at for a 390 I didn't have any problems with my at just wanted a 390

Unless your cutting big hardwood with a 28 inch or bigger bar you may not be as impressed as you might think.

Why do people have a 500 hp car when the speed limit is 55 ?

Sorry not understanding the lingo but I use my saw mostly for blocking on a pile of logs and would just like to say sorry to mingo this is his thread and I have enjoyed reading it it's nice to hear how a saw is working in a work environment

Around here most of the loggers use a 20" bar with Lg or Lp chain, they all look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I use a 24" bar with full skip or semi skip chain. Quite a few of them never heard of skip or semi skip chain.

A bushel , as refered to by a west coast timber fallers is 1,000 board feet , woods scale . Scribner or Doyal . . A bushler gets paid by how much he cuts . The more he cuts the more he makes .

Basically bushlin is piece work . Wether you are cutting by the k bf , cord , ton , acre ect . Or by the stump inch . Boy do I hate stump inch ( penny inch) .
Day wage is having an hourly wage . So if your wasteing time hung up , or beatin wedges you are still making wages .

Around here most of the loggers use a 20" bar with Lg or Lp chain, they all look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I use a 24" bar with full skip or semi skip chain. Quite a few of them never heard of skip or semi skip chain.

Ya , a 24 is a good length . To short for my back tho . A 30" bar is a good comprimise for timber falling up hete . On the coast 32,34+36" bars are most common .
My favorite chain is Oregon 75 CKX . However its not made anymore . I'll probably run 404 semi skip if I go cutting in southeast .

I run both. 20" on the 357 and 372, 24" on the 576. I too get the strange looks when I mention the 24" bar.

Well the thing is you can cut a quite a bit inch wise with a twenty

I guess I always stuck to the 20 inch because I can still get the chains for $10 a piece if I get a case of 30. I had a 25 inch bar on a 660 stihl once but the extra file time and $ per chain was not worth it to me, but I can see where they would be handy at times.

Well the thing is you can cut a quite a bit inch wise with a twenty

Ya , if you are in small wood and can get around the tree or log . But if the ground gets steep or the wood gets big you have a problem . I can't see any reason to run a bigger saw than 70 or so ccs if you run a 20" bar . I've fell alot of timber with a 20" bar and it is just quite unsatisfying . Harder to get in a good face more of a problem getting in the back cut and considerably more danger from kick back . Plus with a long bar you need a Sharp saw as you do most of your cutting with the tip end of the bar . A Sharp saw is a fun saw . All there is to it !!

Latest posts

Back