Bought a few saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warjohn

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Checked craigslist tonight a guy had a 044, 046 and 019 all in need of repair. I called him and asked about the 044 and 046 he said both had bad piston and cylinders. He wanted 75 bucks each. When I got there both saws were complete. I could not find any cracks or broken plastic so I asked about the 019. He pulled out a 192t that looked new. He said it was only used twice but was dropped out of a tree and would not start after that. I got him down to 175 for all three then asked him if that was all the saws he had. He pulled out an 020 top handle. I said if he would throw that one in I'd take them. So now I have a few more projects. I guess I need to spend less time here and more time working on saws.

Congrats!!!

Good score,,and make some good project work!!! Done good!!!!:clap:

I don't have a place with good enough lighting to take pictures at night. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. It might be Saturday.

Great score! Have fun rebuildin em.

Why cant this stuff happen to me? Seems there's never anything worth checking out on my local CL.

I was after the 046 for myself. I think my son will end up with the 044. I might not keep the 192t and the 020. My goal is to get the 046 running myself then this fall I hope to get it snelerized.

Great score! Have fun rebuildin em.

Why cant this stuff happen to me? Seems there's never anything worth checking out on my local CL.

Keep trying, I felt the same way until tonight. Usually I'm too late. They had been on listed for over 8 hours I was surprised they were still there.

Wow!! Never any deals like that around here. Good find.

Great score dude:cheers:

It pays to :computer:

Yeah. Theres no substitute for persistence and time spent on line. Avoid the sharkpool which is friday, saturday and sunday evenings, and those good deals turn up.

Not enough light at the kitchen table to take pictures after dark. I spent an hour today cleaning them. The camera battery is dead and on the charger so as soon as it is ready I will try to post picks.

The 046 cleaned up decent. The piston is scored pretty bad so I am sure it gonna need a new cylinder as well. I do not see any broken or missing parts. I plan to keep and rebuild this one for myself.

The 044 is a little rougher but still no missing or broken parts. Yes teach the rear handle looks good. My son is planning to keep and rebuild this one. I have not pulled the muffler to look at the piston yet.

The 192t cleaned up pretty well but it has been used more than a couple times. Piston looks new. The saw has good compression. I think I'll try to get it running then put it on ebay. The av mount is damaged from being dropped out of a tree but there is no other broken parts.

The 020 is missing enough parts to be just a parts saw. I'll probably part it out on ebay.

Teacherman. If you have time I would like to get the 044, 046 and 192t vacuum tested. Are you going to the small engine show and swap meet tomorrow.

flhtc12001

040.jpg

It was getting a little dark but i managed to get these two pics. I'll try for more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back