bought a Tanaka... ok let me have it..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StihltheOne

StihltheOne

ArboristSite Guru
I bought a Tanaka 3401 today... felt like being Santa to my self. Ok let me hear it... I have strong shoulders. Starts good, cuts ok... I guess that it will work for my use. I hope it is worth the $300 I paid for it.:cheers:

RED-85-Z51

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Tanaka has always made good 2 stroke engines, I like my ECS-415...but it's an oldy.

Ive always felt like Tanaka powerheads pulled a little easier than many, feels about as easy as an Echo as far as resistance, and they sound cool too.

limelakephoto

limelakephoto

ArboristSite Operative
I bought a Tanaka 3401 today... felt like being Santa to my self. Ok let me hear it... I have strong shoulders. Starts good, cuts ok... I guess that it will work for my use. I hope it is worth the $300 I paid for it.:cheers:

You want it ! Here it is ! Congrats on your new saw ! I am jealous. I'd like to get a smaller Tanaka saw but in my part of the country there are no dealers.

stihl only

stihl only

ArboristSite Operative
You FOOL! How could you make such a mistake? First, its NOT a Stihl. Second, You'll NEVER get parts and service for it. Third, they bombed Pearl Harbor! Fourth, I bet you mail ordered it, didn't you??

Was that OK?:)

guff

ArboristSite Operative
atlanta georgia..formerly from massena, new york
i was a lil disappointed to see the one tanaka on the cover of the baileys flyer with the kit and didnt find it inside as a deal all alone....wanted to get one for my truck box.......more importantly than taking the humorous bashings......how does it run....? what you think of it?...we have all bought something we're not happy with...if you dont like it, the best you can do is stop fellow members from making a similar purchase.....i am rather open to any saw, if it's a productive runner, even own a few that just get by....run the piss out it and let me know how it holds up.....bobby

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.

Please keep us up to date on how it performs and holds up in the long run. It will be helpful to hear both '+' and '-'.

Philbert

StihltheOne

StihltheOne

ArboristSite Guru
You FOOL! How could you make such a mistake? First, its NOT a Stihl. Second, You'll NEVER get parts and service for it. Third, they bombed Pearl Harbor! Fourth, I bet you mail ordered it, didn't you??

Was that OK?:)

Thanks, I needed that!!
I bought it from the local dealer here, has had it sitting for about a year, so I bought it for some reason. The little turd really does pull hard though. I am not a pro, but I cut a lot, so I hope to get good service out of it. My buddy said that it is like a pocket knife on an acid trip.:cheers:

E&R_firewood

E&R_firewood

ArboristSite Operative
congratulations, my experience is only with older tanaka saws . . . but imho the tanaka ecs 650 is one of the finest firewooding saws ever built. i know i often wax poetic about this particular model, but seriously they are well built, nearly impossible to kill, have gobs of power and are a cinch to work on. i think the tanaka name suffers from not much recognition, kind of the dolmar of japan. do post your satisfaction results, etc.

Latest posts