BP Blower Recommendations Please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure but from what he said, for some reason the back plate wasn't designed to be hung. They are not strong enough to hold the weight of the blower and they've had a lot breakages. I imagine it'll be the same part number they just are beefing up the plastic, along with that they're adding a second fuel pickup so when the blower is tipped it won't run out of fuel.

I thought the back plate had been addressed years ago?

The place I work at never had back plates break. The new upgrades are the shortblock, much beefier.

All the women buy the br600's because its so light and compact. It's funny watching them try it because as people with experience with this blower know, once you hit that throttle the blower takes a split second to wind up then baaaam! the woman's little figure twitches from all the torque.

Landscapers out here like TMC or Echo blowers.

I have a BR400. I use it just about every time I use another implement. All summer I use it to get the mulch off of the walkways (at idle speed only), get the grass and sand off of the pavement after mowing, clean the deck, clean dirt from the foundation, remove cobwebs from the bottom of the siding, dislodge plugs from my gutter downspouts, etc..... The leafblower name is not very accurate. These things should be called super duper cleaning machines.

I have not even tried it for leaves yet. For leaves I use my Exmark Metro 48 mower and the grass catcher. You have to mow them at 1/2 throttle or less to keep them from blowing away before they get under the deck.

I've got an old BR420 that won't die but when it does, the BR600 is mine!!! I've tried on the big Redmax, the comment about the cinder blocks is true. Even if it is more powerful than the 600, the weight would kill me quick.

sthil power is good but the frame and gas tank r junk
redmax 8001 push a lot of air, the frame and straps r the best but the motor is junk
echo 751 pushes almost as much air as the redmax, frame and straps r quality and so is the engine.

i currently own 3 8001's and 3 echo 751's, i can use the echos year round cauz they last, the redmax's will be thrown out or kept for parts after only 1 to 1.5 years. they r now only used for spring and fall cleanup...going on 3 years for 1 echo 4 years on the other, and 1 is brand new, the 4 year old echo is just starting to lose some power. Ive only had to pull spark plugs once a year and clean them....the redmaxes vibrate everything to pieces, tear apart gaskets, and r heavy, they do however push more air volume.

a br600 on paper looks good, but 1 drop off the hook on my trailer and i know that frames cracking.

been a landscaper for over 20yrs, been thru a lot of pb blowers
ultimatly, use a pb for clearing out the beds and any close to house areas, then put it away and let a 13hp honda powered little wonder do the rest. Billy goats r plastic junk, the whole machine is plastic except the engine.

As soon as these 8001's die I wont ever buy another, i have however had 2 7001's that lasted pretty long and almost never needed any repair. 1 died from a hole in the piston, the other a broken crank.

1 thing i must share is that ever since ive been using the woodland pro synthetic, my redmax's arent fouling plugs once a week.

Last edited:
Not sure but from what he said, for some reason the back plate wasn't designed to be hung. They are not strong enough to hold the weight of the blower and they've had a lot breakages. I imagine it'll be the same part number they just are beefing up the plastic, along with that they're adding a second fuel pickup so when the blower is tipped it won't run out of fuel.

The backplate had been adressed a few years ago and the problem was fixed for trailering. The new reinforcement was made because of the user sitting on it while eating lunch.

redmax had the same prob on the 8000, i knew it when i bought it but just had to have it, but lessoned learned...the plastic on the stihis is fragile.

Decided on a new Stihl BR600. Got it on sale for only $415.

By the way, anyone in my area, the Local Farmers Coop in Maryville has their annual sale on all Sthil products today and tomorrow (10-24). It feels good to buy Stihl on sale. There are some great bargains to be had. 361 ($525), 441 ($712), 460 ($754), and 660 ($985). Also chain loops 25% off for one and 33% off three or more.

BR600 Magnum

I picked up a new BR600 Magnum on Friday for $439.95. I have ony used it for about 4 hours. I guess time will tell, but, so far, I am very pleased with it.

I picked up a new BR600 Magnum on Friday for $439.95. I have ony used it for about 4 hours. I guess time will tell, but, so far, I am very pleased with it.

The magnum is suppose to have dual fuel filters for better fuel pickup and better hose connections. I would have waited for the magnum but had to strike while the sale was on. Great blowers for sure

the redmax 8000 and husky 180bt same blower different color. I have a 170bt also made by redmax. I have 0 problems though I only only use it for home use.

I actually preferred the Shindaiwa eb802RT. Only 1 lb heavier than the Stihl and reliable 2 cycle engine. However the Stihl more than meet my needs and got a rare discount.

By the way I helped my neighbor reclaim his yard this weekend after 4 months of neglect. It had 1.5 feet of grass and weeds covered with 6 inches of leaves. Decided to use the Stihl FS90 brush cutter, followed up with the BR600 and then two rounds with a mower. Love that FS90. They had a problem with the lawn service this summer and just let it go. This is an upscale subdivision and he is a UT Professor. Go figure.

Back