Brand new bar issue?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwz3coupe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just took this brand new roller tip bar out of packaging and noticed this. Zoom in to see issue. Run it or send back. Not naming brand. This is there most expensive 20" bar for my saw.

Attachments

• 20221229_171610.jpg
    20221229_171610.jpg
    709.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221229_171707.jpg
    20221229_171707.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 0
Did you buy it off amazon?
I recently bought a oregon speed cut bar/chain off amazon as it was way cheaper than at the local stores.
The chain is garbage, it's only hardened on one side. I made 3 cuts and it was dull, when sharpening it I noticed the right side cutters are super soft and are half gone after 4-5 swipes with a file lol.
I went and bought a new chain locally, I didnt save much in the end.

I think they're selling seconds/rejects on amazon not the good oregon stuff.

One rail looks thicker than the other one, as poor as people say Oregon is, I can’t see it being from them. must be offshore or some private label that charges like they are top tier?

Black tip and grey/steel rails is either Cannon Duralite, Oregon Reduced Weight, Oregon Powermatch Pro or * Sugi, Tsumura, their Chinese knockoffs, or their Husky variant *.

Using a blown up pic, the tip rail gauge is 1/4". The standard bar tip gauge is roughly 0.063. Divide .25 by .063 and you get 3.9683. Divide the distance from where the teeth start to the end of the tip by 3.9683 and you get .69 roughly. An Oregon tip (used by both Oregon and Cannon) has about 1.25" from where the teeth start and the end of the tip, so not them. Tsumura bars have a long tip, so my bet is Sugihara or a Chinesium copy.

Just took this brand new roller tip bar out of packaging and noticed this. Zoom in to see issue. Run it or send back. Not naming brand. This is there most expensive 20" bar for my saw.
Well if it is a brand new roller tip then I will give you what you paid for it. I can address the rail issues in one of my Silvey Bar Shops

Black tip and grey/steel rails is either Cannon Duralite, Oregon Reduced Weight, Oregon Powermatch Pro or * Sugi, Tsumura, their Chinese knockoffs, or their Husky variant *.

Using a blown up pic, the tip rail gauge is 1/4". The standard bar tip gauge is roughly 0.063. Divide .25 by .063 and you get 3.9683. Divide the distance from where the teeth start to the end of the tip by 3.9683 and you get .69 roughly. An Oregon tip (used by both Oregon and Cannon) has about 1.25" from where the teeth start and the end of the tip, so not them. Tsumura bars have a long tip, so my bet is Sugihara or a Chinesium copy.
Good catch. I didnt blow pic up to see the black nose sprocket. :cheers:

Could just be one of these 10-30 dollar bars then.

g372.jpg

Latest posts

Back