brand new chainsaw wont fire a shot.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that just #ucked it completely.The flywheel nut started to undo,so I started to tighten it up again by jamming a screwdriver between the fins of the flywheel and the handle and bingo
of course,broke one of the fins off.One of the ones that must release the cord starter mechanisms. Lucky I am going to the tip in the morning,I am going to watch as the bulldozer drives over it.
Kinda happy it is all over and can get back to lovin the Mrs.

Send it back to them & they'll replace it. The tech checks them over, fixes the issue and they send you a new saw. That's how they do business & many, many saws get sent back & put up for sale on EBay with s starting bid of $0. Stop bust in stuff & get it to the post office, they are used to these chitty saws not runin outta the box. They allow for a replacement in the sale price. They buy them by the container at a unit price well under $40 & sell them to wood ducks for $100-$200. Send it back! They won't get upset, they know how **** these saws are more than anyone.

Well that just #ucked it completely.The flywheel nut started to undo,so I started to tighten it up again by jamming a screwdriver between the fins of the flywheel and the handle and bingo
of course,broke one of the fins off.One of the ones that must release the cord starter mechanisms. Lucky I am going to the tip in the morning,I am going to watch as the bulldozer drives over it.

You Should Have Considered The Source.

You Should Have Considered The Source.

When anything is NEW (and it don't work when BRAND new) and under warranty and YOU decide to repair it yourself instead of using the WARRANTY the person attempting doing the repair needs to realize they just bought it. (voided any type of warranty)

I mention this because I've seen several people (even mechanics) that do not stop and think about this until after they have voided any warranty. (thinking it might be a simple repair, then simple things break when checking the under warranty item and it gets worse, especially China made stuff):cry::cry:

When anything is NEW (and it don't work when BRAND new) and under warranty and YOU decide to repair it yourself instead of using the WARRANTY the person attempting doing the repair needs to realize they just bought it. (voided any type of warranty)

I mention this because I've seen several people (even mechanics) that do not stop and think about this until after they have voided any warranty. (thinking it might be a simple repair, then simple things break when checking the under warranty item and it gets worse, especially China made stuff):cry::cry:

Absolutely.

Plus BeWinded Recommended something, so that’s Reason enough Not To Do It.

Ok guys,we are not talking Rolls Royces here. It cost about the same as a tank of gas to fill my car here in Australia.It came from about 500 miles away and was delivered to my door.
The hoops they need you to conform with before they will accept it back is their out,knowing not many people will do it.
Firstly they want you to take a video of it showing the fault (me pulling a chainsaw that doesn't start) and upload it to some video hosting site. Then they will examine the video and if they decide
there is a fault with it they will send you some sort of postage note that you are required to stick on the side of the box before posting it back.Oh there good this lot.
So I did that with the help of one of my kids who can do this sort of thing,only to get an email thanking me for uploading the video but it didn't work their end and to do it again,that they need this to
show when they receive it it is in the same condition and hasn't been damaged in the post.They basically just give people the run around.Who could be stuffed doing all that,next to come would be the
dangerous goods in the post scenario as its had fuel in it and on and on it would go.So I have learnt my lesson,believe me,if it was just around the corner it would be firmly lodged in the sellers rear end.

Check this thread out.....examine the pics and read the response. This is on our side of the pond but the same run around on more Chinese stuff......No need to read the whole of the treads unless you want to.

First pic of the new cyl. Page 3 post #56

Second pic of the same cyl after two tanks of fuel Page 4 post #66

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-268.315699/

This is from another thread but the same guy and same cyl.......this is the response from the seller after receiving the photos we saw.

Page 2 post # 23

It's alright...just run it and enjoy!!!......you can trust us......LOL!!!

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/not-happy-with-hutzl.317689/

Selling is just as much a pain in the butt as buying can be... Sellers can be had just as easily as buyers and have less means of protection.
To justify your choice (purchase) you got to give the seller the chance to straighten things out.
If you just want to throw money out the window you better send it to people in need.

Ok guys,we are not talking Rolls Royces here. It cost about the same as a tank of gas to fill my car here in Australia.It came from about 500 miles away and was delivered to my door.
The hoops they need you to conform with before they will accept it back is their out,knowing not many people will do it.
Firstly they want you to take a video of it showing the fault (me pulling a chainsaw that doesn't start) and upload it to some video hosting site. Then they will examine the video and if they decide
there is a fault with it they will send you some sort of postage note that you are required to stick on the side of the box before posting it back.Oh there good this lot.
So I did that with the help of one of my kids who can do this sort of thing,only to get an email thanking me for uploading the video but it didn't work their end and to do it again,that they need this to
show when they receive it it is in the same condition and hasn't been damaged in the post.They basically just give people the run around.Who could be stuffed doing all that,next to come would be the
dangerous goods in the post scenario as its had fuel in it and on and on it would go.So I have learnt my lesson,believe me,if it was just around the corner it would be firmly lodged in the sellers rear end.

Why not ask for an email address or simply upload it on one of the countless video/image hosting services and send them the link? It worked when a water pump I had ordered arrived with a cracked case: upload, send the link and wait for a reply. At least give the seller a second shot instead of merely assuming he's some lowlife trying to cheat you out of your money.
Lots and lots of people abusing stuff out of the box (and chainsaws are one of the most abused items around) and then trying to get a refund/replacement under warranty: that's why online sellers usually ask for pictures/videos.
Just ask your local Stihl/Husqvarna/Echo/whatever dealer and he/she will regale you with countless stories about how people c**k up and then try to get warranty to cover up for it. Or the completely absurd stories people post around to pass on the blame to somebody else, often smearing absolutely innocent dealerships and manufacturers in the process.

If you just want to throw money out the window you better send it to people in need.

Better yet, leave it in a paper bag behind Burger World after dark and I'll pick it up myself. I prefer used small bills but will accept mint fresh large ones as well.

Real bummer, looks like a nice saw from the pics
They're not bad i bought one last spring
79.00 shipped
I opened up the muffler and retuned it
Ground on the cylinder a little
It was in the husky 257 range
Light for it's displacement.
My friend had to have it
So it's still cutting firewood
He likes it much better than the poulans he retired.

Ok guys,hope someone can help.
Bought a new (chinese) on line and it was delivered a couple of days later.
Only need to use it occasionally so thought it would do the job.Assembled it,only had to put the bar and chain on,added fresh fuel,and it wouldn't even give a splutter.There is no primer on this model.Thought check plug- Pulled boot off plug and the inner springy that attaches to the tip of the plug came off the lead.It attaches to the lead by 2 prongs that pierce the lead and hopefully make contact with the inner wire. So I fixed all that up and made it more secure, and modified it so I know it has permanent contact.Did the old lay the plug on the body and pull the cord trick only to find a tiny spark.Put it back together and tried again,still no kick at all.At this stage thought right,its going back.Emailed seller and they requested a video of it and gave instructions on how to take and upload a video.Did that and got the reply that the video didn't work their end and to do it again.Said they need it before can refer it to their mechanical area.Well at this stage Iv'e had enough and am not going to worry about all this crap over a $150 chain saw, so I take to it.Try the plug in my pole saw,big spark.Go looking for faults in the ignition system.Found the earth wire from switch a bit crimped,cut that and joined it again,pulled switch out,all connected.Tried it again, no go.Squirt of ether in plug hole,not a kick,down carbie throat,not a kick.Right, coil air gap-.012 seems fine.Go and buy new plug.Spark seems a little bigger but still no go,hasn't fired a shot.So have spark, fuel,but it wont fire,not even on ether. WTF. must not be sparking when in the hole.
Lesson learned i hope, most things made in China/India are ****! Don't buy cheap rubbish from second or third World Countries. Buy tools and machinery from Europe and North America. You could have bought a Stihl ms 241c-m and it would last you a lifetime or a Husqvarna 550xp. When i buy tools or equipment i always try and buy the most expensive stuff i can get my hands on. Buy well and buy once and you'll never be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

Flywheel is $19, and the coil is about $6.
Did you read the reviews on this saw? A common problem is they shipped with a bad coil.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

You use an 18v 150n/m impact driver to do the nut up if it comes undone, the flywheel can be held with your hand.
Thanski

If you run over it with the bulldozer be sure and make a video of such and post it on here.;)

They're not bad i bought one last spring
79.00 shipped
I opened up the muffler and retuned it
Ground on the cylinder a little
It was in the husky 257 range
Light for it's displacement.
My friend had to have it
So it's still cutting firewood
He likes it much better than the poulans he retired.
Everybody I ever met from West Virginia could make just about anything ( home brew ,wine and some pretty dam good candy) and fix anything. Were all not that talented.

I ordered one, it made it to my mailbox, someone wanted it more than me. Poof it’s gone from my mailbox. Got my money back. I’m scared to order another one because it could cause a fight at my mailbox next between the thieves.

The only meat sauce tonight is going on my chili cheese dogs. Meat pie does sound good. Lol

Back