Brand new MS381

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......not as pretty as Huskies though Niko IMO......:love1:

Lol sheesh man. This chainsaw stuff is no different to the ford Holden pissing match we have here in nz lol

I'd happily have both husky and stihl. Haven't used stihl before so that was part of the deciding factor. Work has more 572xp than u can poke a stick at. I enjoyed using them. On that, I could sneakily end up with one for nothing ;-)

Its a lot of fun. They are the two best chainsaw makers on the planet. Hard to go wrong with either.:msp_thumbup:

Lol sheesh man. This chainsaw stuff is no different to the ford Holden pissing match we have here in nz lol

I'd happily have both husky and stihl. Haven't used stihl before so that was part of the deciding factor. Work has more 572xp than u can poke a stick at. I enjoyed using them. On that, I could sneakily end up with one for nothing ;-)

I have both as well, and the white plastic on the Stihls surely looks dirty much sooner - but I don't really care.....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

[snip]

There was a movement across the ditch to lower your GST exempt limit to help your retail sector, as the govt was reviewing initiatives for this sector. Did that get off the tarmac? I hope for you guys it was shot down really quickly.

[snip]

Naa, never got up and most of them that were doing the whinging (eg Gerry Harvey, CEO of Harvey Norman) have stated to open up internet stores, at long last :laugh:

The prettiest saws are those that, regardless of brand, can chew on huge amounts of wood, day after day, week are week, paying for their keep to the point of being great investments rather than expenses, seldom complain unless abused my monkeys, and look their absolute prettiest when they are cooling down at the end of another great days work even if dirty as heck.

Now THAT's a pretty saw. :clap:

Naa, never got up and most of them that were doing the whinging (eg Gerry Harvey, CEO of Harvey Norman) have stated to open up internet stores, at long last :laugh:

Quite a nice irony there. He was the wrong guy to be heading that movement. I don't think they should have been too public with their politicking. a bad look and had that been done here in NZ, consumers would have remembered. We are considered amongst the top brand destroying, disloyal consumers around by international marketeers.

*edit* Upon reflection, he was the perfect guy for that campaign. I'm glad it failed.
:)

Last edited:
178403d1301729620-img_0630-jpg

Nice saw but the steering wheel is on the wrong side of your truck.....

:ices_rofl::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::ices_rofl:

So it's an updated 038 then. Cool!
Old school grunt still gets things done.

"Tweener" in this case is between the 362 and the 460 and NOT the 441.

I figured it was a price point/marketing thing.
I wish Stihl payed that kind of attention here, as lots of folks would opt for something other than the 441 if the choice was there and the price was right.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

but you lot drive on the wrong side of the road :laugh:

Nope, it's the RIGHT side of the road.

"Sinestre'"=Sinister or "Left", as they are one and the same, and it's never a good idea to be travelling in the devils lane.;)

But then y'all are upside down anyhow.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Wow cool a very nice looking saw and one of the best stihls ever built IMO. Don't borrow it to Niko....it doesn't have the right sidways balance and has way more torque than he is used to.

Wow cool a very nice looking saw and one of the best stihls ever built IMO. Don't borrow it to Niko....it doesn't have the right sidways balance and has way more torque than he is used to.

I wont be "borrowing" it to anyone as I wouldn't my wife either lol. Asked her to hold it for a few pics but she just flat out laughed at me haha

mmm I like torque, lots of torque is good. Will be good to see how it matches up to the huskies I have been using from work. They go damn well and i am expecting this one to go equally if not better.

whoops

I'd like to take this opportunity to correct myself. Earlier in the thread I spoke of the works saws being 572xp. WRONG lol

372XP is what I am speaking of. Not even sure husky makes a 572xp lol

Where I work they are an abundance and I have the chance to use take a saw home when ever the need arises.

Makes you wonder why I didn't go with husky considering access to repair parts for very very minimal cost as well as free service but I like to be different lol.

I'd like to take this opportunity to correct myself. Earlier in the thread I spoke of the works saws being 572xp. WRONG lol

372XP is what I am speaking of. Not even sure husky makes a 572xp lol

Where I work they are an abundance and I have the chance to use take a saw home when ever the need arises.

Makes you wonder why I didn't go with husky considering access to repair parts for very very minimal cost as well as free service but I like to be different lol.

I think you will like the Stihl just fine let us know in a few weeks how it works out.

I think you will like the Stihl just fine let us know in a few weeks how it works out.

Will do mate.

I had about 6 hours worth of sawing organized this weekend but it fell through, I was gutted I didn't get to play with the new saw.

Going to be two weeks before I can get out now but plan on spending a good two days solid ringing ready for splitting. That way I can get the first 8 hour service out of the way and decide if I want to do a muffler mod or not.

Nope, it's the RIGHT side of the road.

"Sinestre'"=Sinister or "Left", as they are one and the same, and it's never a good idea to be travelling in the devils lane.;)

But then y'all are upside down anyhow.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:laugh: although we're on top, you lot just don't realise it.

After all, you lot all look out into the tail end of the galaxy, our view is in towards the fashionable and rather pretty part of the milky way ;)

Low end torque isn't very interesting anyway, you don't pull trailers up hills with a chainsaw....:msp_rolleyes:

Low end torque isn't very interesting anyway, you don't pull trailers up hills with a chainsaw....:msp_rolleyes:

If you haven't got the torque to go with the HP/chainspeed it's really easy to bog a saw in hard/dense timber though.

One of the racers (a pro timber cutter) mentioned on another forum the other day that the under 77cc modified class here requires a light touch in the cut thanks to the timber mostly cut here.

Latest posts

Back