Branding, Jonsered or Echo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afraid? No. You just have to be careful to keep your fingers out of the rope when you put it overboard.

Oh, don't forget to take the "D" batteries out, bad for the water. You don't want to be catching fish with 3 eyes. :)

anchor.jpg
:hmm3grin2orange:

If echo dealers and their like stopped trying to ram sales-pitch B.S. down customers throats and just told the truth, the truth being they're just average Joe bloggs homeowner saws, then likely no-one would even bother to bag them, but echo chainsaws nowadays are all just part of one big cynical money gathering con - targeted at innocent chainsaw newbies. Put a dead-beat weak-as-piss motor in a cheap chassis, slap on a 5-year warranty(*conditions apply*yeah right) then call it a pro-grade chainsaw. Comparing a shyte echo to a pro-stihl is craap.

If echo dealers and their like stopped trying to ram sales-pitch B.S. down customers throats and just told the truth, the truth being they're just average Joe bloggs homeowner saws, then likely no-one would even bother to bag them, but echo chainsaws nowadays are all just part of one big cynical money gathering con - targeted at innocent chainsaw newbies. Put a dead-beat weak-as-piss motor in a cheap chassis, slap on a 5-year warranty(*conditions apply*yeah right) then call it a pro-grade chainsaw. Comparing a shyte echo to a pro-stihl is craap.

Sounds like something STIHL has been doing for a loooong time now..

Also...Echo CS-1201

[/thread]

I don't care if the J-Red 2171 is the same saw as the 372 husky, it still cuts wood better than any echo. If you would rather compare husky to echo be my guest but we all know that only homeowners with 50ft extension cords and a few Norway Maples and apple trees to trim run echos.

Last time I did timed cuts my CS8000 took 14seconds, my o44 Stihl took 19 1 inch apart. Guess there's no sence in owning a 044 when a 372 would have taken 13 second or less. Not. Steve

Ive made a deal to finally buy a Mint Echo CS-802 from a friend, Ill have the $$ after the first of the year, Ill make the purchase then.

It aint much for chain speed, but it ran the 28" bar with .404 full comp buried in OAK and it wasnt even starting to bog.

My take on the latest posts are........ Some of you guys need a saw with a bigger engine to compensate for your small "file" , and you like a really fast saw because it reminds you of yourself. I'll keep my little echo, cause it won't blow up nearly as quick as your big saw ! :laugh:

My take on the latest posts are........ Some of you guys need a saw with a bigger engine to compensate for your small "file" , and you like a really fast saw because it reminds you of yourself. I'll keep my little echo, cause it won't blow up nearly as quick as your big saw ! :laugh:

Compensating? Huh, never thought I could cut all my firewood with those saws in your signature. I suppose I could put a 12" bar on a little Echo 305 for the "big" stuff. Just keep pruning your roses.

Compensating? Huh, never thought I could cut all my firewood with those saws in your signature. I suppose I could put a 12" bar on a little Echo 305 for the "big" stuff. Just keep pruning your roses.

My roses ? I do own other saws ! (A larger Husky and did own 2 Stihls). I won't ever fall into the pecker contest that lots of people fall into. I have had an exceptional experience with Echos. I laughed at them some time ago when an older Logger showed up with one. He ran old gas, bargain oil, and beat the snot out of it. I thought it was just pure luck. Nope ! It wasn't. He still has it and some newer Echos. My Stihls are long gone. (I loved two of them like children.) I always use good gas and oils. I was talking with him one day and he told me..... Well ..... I owned alot of saws, so did dad, only ones still running are echos. Not as fast lad.... but they sure as hell last an' I don't need no parts for 'em.... they don' break. An' I still have me shoulders at the end of the day. So I bought an echo. I can't complain. As far as my roses.... At least I can trim them then go to the woods and cut "sticks". I do like other brands. I just don't have time for gas guzzlin... breakin' down....chain throwin'....cylinder scorin'.....never start over priced saws ! I really do like some other saws ! But alot of their users are what I like to call "CHEVY LOVERS". It blows my mind how narrow minded people are ! Example ..... Some people say CHEVY RULES .... GMC is okay but not them same as my Chev. Hahahahahaha ! Same sh!t different pile. Some people will actually pay more for a chevy, because it has that tacky bow tie on it. I watch them both roll off the line in my town. So.... Why would I pay bigger bucks for a Big name saw thats got a Fancy name on it. Maybe I should ! Just so I can impress everyone else ! Back to my roses.... They are always trimmed, cause my saw starts before yours, stays running, keeps cutting and doesn`t break down. There for my roses are trimmed.... and my firewood is cut, you... your saw isn`t ever running yet.... your`re still pulling..... ooopps ! You`ve got a scored cylinder ! Oooppps.....you`ve got carb problems ! I will be right by with my Echo rose trimmer to finish the work you have not even started......You`re still pulling......... I feel bad for you ! Here is a piece of tape to cover up the fancy name plate on your saw and another piece to help you hide your shame. And on top of that here`s a beer. I forgive you for your ingnorance..... You just don`t know any better.:laugh:

Anyone else wanna stir the pot with another off topic post like mine ..... My honest opinion is STIHL is the most widely known. They make good stuff, so does Husky, so does Dolmar, so does Solo, Tanaka, Redmax, Shindaiwa, and so on. Chinese knock offs.... Crap ! Echo makes good stuff too ! Alot of Echo stuff is made in the USA. I like to support my neighbours in the USA. You may not like to buy stuff made with PRIDE in the USA ..... I DO ! Go ahead, wave the flag for what ever country your saw is made in. I WILL WAVE THE CANADIAN AND AMERICAN FLAGS TOGETHER !

My roses ? I do own other saws ! (A larger Husky and did own 2 Stihls). I won't ever fall into the pecker contest that lots of people fall into. I have had an exceptional experience with Echos. I laughed at them some time ago when an older Logger showed up with one. He ran old gas, bargain oil, and beat the snot out of it. I thought it was just pure luck. Nope ! It wasn't. He still has it and some newer Echos. My Stihls are long gone. (I loved two of them like children.) I always use good gas and oils. I was talking with him one day and he told me..... Well ..... I owned alot of saws, so did dad, only ones still running are echos. Not as fast lad.... but they sure as hell last an' I don't need no parts for 'em.... they don' break. An' I still have me shoulders at the end of the day. So I bought an echo. I can't complain. As far as my roses.... At least I can trim them then go to the woods and cut "sticks". I do like other brands. I just don't have time for gas guzzlin... breakin' down....chain throwin'....cylinder scorin'.....never start over priced saws ! I really do like some other saws ! But alot of their users are what I like to call "CHEVY LOVERS". It blows my mind how narrow minded people are ! Example ..... Some people say CHEVY RULES .... GMC is okay but not them same as my Chev. Hahahahahaha ! Same sh!t different pile. Some people will actually pay more for a chevy, because it has that tacky bow tie on it. I watch them both roll off the line in my town. So.... Why would I pay bigger bucks for a Big name saw thats got a Fancy name on it. Maybe I should ! Just so I can impress everyone else ! Back to my roses.... They are always trimmed, cause my saw starts before yours, stays running, keeps cutting and doesn`t break down. There for my roses are trimmed.... and my firewood is cut, you... your saw isn`t ever running yet.... your`re still pulling..... ooopps ! You`ve got a scored cylinder ! Oooppps.....you`ve got carb problems ! I will be right by with my Echo rose trimmer to finish the work you have not even started......You`re still pulling......... I feel bad for you ! Here is a piece of tape to cover up the fancy name plate on your saw and another piece to help you hide your shame. And on top of that here`s a beer. I forgive you for your ingnorance..... You just don`t know any better.:laugh:

In the last 7 Echo dealers have sold me 1 av mount. Steve

Latest posts

Back