Broken rear handle on an 044, any repair hints?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting confused now, are ya'll saying you can't find aftermarket MS440 tank handles? They seem to be available. Or is it just the screw on 044 tanks that aren't available?

I can't find either option. Factories advertise them but when I submit an order they offer to substitute big bore cylinders as they don't really have all the parts they advertise "yet"
If you know a real source for the am handles shoot me a pm I am very interested
Dave

Thanks folks,great info.
Excellent pictures Pioneerguy,appreciate you posting them.
The break is right in the corner of the handle,and missing a small piece,so its going to need all the reinforcement i can fit in the bend. The wires and fibreglass ideas are good.

I used relatively thick wire on my 044 handle. The missing chunk was done by forming up a clay mold and pouring JB weld into it. Two pieces of maybe 10 ga stiff steel wire embedded in epoxy, extending into the handle above and below a few inches. Thread in my sig, but the pics all went bye-bye a few years ago.

I hate to extend this thread, but I received all my aftermarket parts for the massacred MS440 that I have elected to save. It will take a few days, but bear with me. I'd like to show Pics if successful or if I fail. If this saw runs, it will be a small miracle, but I'm game to try to save it. Besides, weather is supposed to be so hot and humid starting Sunday, that it might as well be raining buckets. Good time to save a saw, and perhaps I'm a glutton for punishment.

I think he mentioned using some screen like from a screen door. I have some nylon mesh that would work well.
There is a product called meatsafe mesh if you need a fair amount, for small amounts auto parts stores probably have packs for body repairs (usually alloy mesh)

Latest posts

Back