broken saw starter rope will not pull totally bummed out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't get it? Why do they insist on decomps for anything under a 066? My 361's got one....never use it. They seem to be getting more prolific as the years go by....until one day.....they will all have "start" buttons, automatic throttles and wood sensors to set the chain speed for different species of wood, etcetc.

RD

:agree2:
Never have quite understood the decomp on a smaller saw myself either, I only use it on my 880, when that saw kicks the decomp closed it lets ya know it for sure.

Glad to hear its under warrenty for ya, should be good as new in no time :)

...until one day.....they will all have "start" buttons, automatic throttles and wood sensors to set the chain speed for different species of wood, etcetc.

The CPSC may be watching and givng them ideas they hadn't thought of as yet to protect us from ourselves........ don't want people thinking for themselves and being responsible for their actions.

anyways, good to hear the diagnosis.

The de comps are not so much for the sawyer

But they are there to make life easier on the starting mechanism.
Be surprised how much easier it is on things like starter ropes, and pawls.

But they are there to make life easier on the starting mechanism.
Be surprised how much easier it is on things like starter ropes, and pawls.

That is a really good point, I never thought of it that way. I guess it would be a lot less stress on the saw to start it with the decomp valve.

Eric, I would agree on the big saws, but jeeze a 361 decomp? I mean it starts so easy, I never even considered using the decomp.....

RD

I just put a new piston and cylinder on my 268xp, it has some really good compression now, and it does seem like its kind of hard on the starting mechanism and rope when I pull it over because of all the compression. Maybe I will start using the decomp valve on it to make its life a little easier

Latest posts

Back