broken silky...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez tree ny

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
While trying out some new hitches today 4 ft off the ground I somehow broke my silky saw and its hard plastic scabbord its like 80 dollars to replace and to boot not even a year old.... WTF.....

I replace my silky blade 3 or 4 times a year. I resharpen them 3 or 4 times before replaceing them. When I retire the hand saw blade i put it in a vice, and brake the handle off with a hammer and use it on a pole saw. A replacement blade is around 65.00 a small price to pay to have such a killer hand saw.
If your getting a year out of them, it was probably time for a new one anyway.
I broke one in the cut one time. With steel, be it knifes or saw blades, you have a choice between a brittle hard blade that holds an edge, or one that'll flex some or bend, but doesn't hold an edge. Try not to drop your next one. And even the impulsed harden saws are getting a little dull after a year if you use it much.

It was just a freak way it broke it was in the scabbord on my saddle. The tip of the:msp_confused: scabbord and tip of the saw :msp_confused:

i have no issues with silkys. had my zubie and sugoi for a year. i prune around 400-500 coconut palms a year and enough trees to keep a weekend warrior busy for 5 years haha. i love my silkys. never had an issue with them.

Im kinda wondering if the cold had anything to do with it... Oh well im pretty exited for three years ive been using a hand me down 192 t thats never ran well from day one 3 out of ten times you pull the trigger it dies problom since day one... Any way they got my new echo 355t tuned and waitimg I pick it up tommarrow morn... Wahooo!!!!!! Things are lookin up

Latest posts

Back