Brownstown Indiana here. Who are my neighbors?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've notice a lot of Hoosiers on here, just curious as to who my neighbors are.
I'm in Brownstown about an hour south of Indy and not too far from KY.

Not close

I am not very close to you, but a Hoosier just the same.

Larry,,, Fort Wayne Indiana. Nice to meet you.

Edit, I forgot to say that we camp at Patoka lake every year. Thats a little closer to you.

I am more of ^^^^'s neighbor, but still a Hoosier. Hebron. About an hour south east of Chicago.

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

How ya doing, How bout them Hoosiers, I have a buddy who used to live in Nashville, and now Bloomington, I go down often to watch I.U. I've been to Brown County Horse Back riding a couple times, a lot more in Clarksville National forrest, just above Louisville. I live North of Fort Wayne by a town of Auburn. Famous for the Auburn, Cord, and Deusenburg Automobiles.

Perrysville, in Vermillion County. Sorta the " Devil's Triangle" of college basketball. One hour to Champagn, one hour to West Lafayette, and two hours to Bloomington.

Soccer and baseball with grandkids this weekend. May make it to an equipment auction in Lowell on saturday morning.

Where is the auction going to be at? I thought Niemeyers was the only auction place down in Lowell. I didn't know they did equipment as well.

Banshee, I'm in the Scottsburg area right down the road from you. I head up to Monroe quite a bit to grouse hunt in the fall, and a few times a year with the boat in the summer but mostly to Patoka or one of the lakes in KY.

Blackoak, I used to quail hunt the strip pits out by you in the Boonville/Lynnville area but I haven’t been out there in a few years. You guys haven’t killed all the birds out there yet have ya.

For you guys that head to Patoka in the summer give me a holler I just might meet ya there.

I've been to Brown County Horse Back riding a couple times, a lot more in Clarksville National forrest, just above Louisville.

Next time you come down to the forestry give me a holler, you probably drive less than a mile from my house when you go.

Next time you come down to the forestry give me a holler, you probably drive less than a mile from my house when you go.

For sure, Clark is always a favorite of mine, We would get off at the Henryville exit and Turkey hunt and trail ride with Horses till dark and then head to Louisville fro a night of fun at places like PT's and the Body shop and other such establishments. And end it at the truck stop at Sellersburg (I think). We would do that every spring and again around holloween, we became known as the "Turkey Hunters" to the local park users, you might have heard of us, HAHAHAHA... That is a beautiful area, looks more like Kentucky than the Indiana I'm used to. I haven't been down there in a few years now, but proably continue as I can get away more now.:cheers:

Last edited:
Ahhh PT's..............................................................................................................Sorry kinda drifted off there for a minute :laugh: Left a lot of money in that place, but hey it looked awful good where I left it. ;)

I think you mean the truck stop in Memphis??? Sorry to tell you that place went under and was bought out, that restaurant is a Mickey D's now. :cry: Man that was some good cheap eats.

Yeah I don't hunt down in the forestry, I heard to many stories about some turkey hunters on hors......... hey wait a minute. :laugh: J/K

I've notice a lot of Hoosiers on here, just curious as to who my neighbors are.
I'm in Brownstown about an hour south of Indy and not too far from KY.

1953greg, 225 miles southwest of brownstown in mayfield ky

we need a gtg in southwest indiana or southern illinois. wood have to be before memorial weekend though as i wil b n utah from then thru oct.

Ahhh PT's..............................................................................................................Sorry kinda drifted off there for a minute :laugh: Left a lot of money in that place, but hey it looked awful good where I left it. ;)

I think you mean the truck stop in Memphis??? Sorry to tell you that place went under and was bought out, that restaurant is a Mickey D's now. :cry: Man that was some good cheap eats.

Yeah I don't hunt down in the forestry, I heard to many stories about some turkey hunters on hors......... hey wait a minute. :laugh: J/K

HaHa, Me and you both. That is a nicer est. I've been to, always impressed, now the Body Shop, that was just to keep it real, and always a good laugh. That sucks about the truck stop, Memphis sounds more correct! The last part sounds about right, the horseman camp was never happy when we'd come back from town. Ahhhhhh....mamories, opps memories or is it both!!:cheers:

Banshee, I'm in the Scottsburg area right down the road from you. I head up to Monroe quite a bit to grouse hunt in the fall, and a few times a year with the boat in the summer but mostly to Patoka or one of the lakes in KY.

Blackoak, I used to quail hunt the strip pits out by you in the Boonville/Lynnville area but I haven’t been out there in a few years. You guys haven’t killed all the birds out there yet have ya.

For you guys that head to Patoka in the summer give me a holler I just might meet ya there.

I'm about 7 miles north of Lynnville. I live out in the old stripper pits between Spurgeon and Oakland City

Latest posts

Back