Building a 390XP Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool Brad. Thanks for doin the vids in this weather though.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Cant wait to see the video brad! That cold wind hasnt gotten here yet but it is going to be here in a couple of hours and windy as :censored: and all day sunday.

I couldn't be more pleased with how this saw turned out! The saw ran great before the machine work, but this really brought it to life. Part of that is because my transfer and exhaust port timing was too high and the intake not yet low enough. I ported it knowing the jug would be coming down. It's now one of my saws that has a wow factor to it. I fully believe it'll put a woopin' on a ported MS660. This is the same log I just test a MS660 in last weekend.

[video=youtube_share;3vT4DeVoyd0]http://youtu.be/3vT4DeVoyd0[/video]

Btw, will this saw be in the build off?
Thanx.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Not sure I'm up to spending $70 or so to ship it up and back. Then you don't know how it'll be tuned, etc. Just not sure it's worth it. If I did this for a living and needed the advertisement, then maybe. But I hardly port any saw now adays. I just don't have the time anymore.

It'll hold 13,000 self feeding, and about 12,000 pushing on it. Compression was 192 before this vid. The saw is still new with very little time on it, so not broken in yet either.

Damn......That is good. Have you got the rakers at .005 again? :laugh:

JK :msp_sneaky:

It sounds really good to me. It's hard the argue with Husqvarna's quad transfer port design. I would think a 660 would have a tough time keeping up. :)

Damn......That is good. Have you got the rakers at .005 again? :laugh:

JK :msp_sneaky:

It sounds really good to me. It's hard the argue with Husqvarna's quad transfer port design. I would think a 660 would have a tough time keeping up. :)

Actually, I set the rakers to the "soft" setting using my Oregon guage, making the rakers lower for softwoods!:rock: I believe the wood is Oak, and frozen at that!

Latest posts

Back