Building a slab table...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, really nice table aggie, you would like the work of goegre nakshima as well I think. I have a question, when you applied the epoxy to the bug holes did you have any problems with it darkerning the surrounding work? T

Hello, really nice table aggie, you would like the work of goegre nakshima as well I think. I have a question, when you applied the epoxy to the bug holes did you have any problems with it darkerning the surrounding work? T

Thanks everyone.

I do like Nakashima's work very much. I often look to it for inspiration.

There is minimal darkening, if any. Most of what does happen will blend in when you apply the finish.

Aggie...

Around here there isnt a jointer wide enough around to get a piece flat on one side and to shove tru a planer to make a piece perfect flat...I like the router device you made up....Just one question,,how did you secure your board down??? I'm sorry if thats a dumb question,,but learning here...

Around here there isnt a jointer wide enough around to get a piece flat on one side and to shove tru a planer to make a piece perfect flat...I like the router device you made up....Just one question,,how did you secure your board down??? I'm sorry if thats a dumb question,,but learning here...

These large slabs are heavy enough I don't need to mechanically attach them. I just use wedges to get to the level I want and tack the shims down so they don't vibrate out.

On smaller pieces I use wood hold-down brackets to secure the slabs from the sides.

Thank you Aggie...

Got some wood there that is wide,,and worried how can I get it flat when or if bows some...I bought me a router Sat. and gonna try ...I am really a bad greenhorn with wood working,,so this is another learning curve...

I've seen his stuff. Nice.

Here's another that's interesting.

http://www.johnhoushmand.com/

Some of his pieces are a trip-literally. This guy takes woodworking from a craft to an artform. I wouldn't have many of the pieces in my home, but some are quite a head trip. You can imagine people saying "what in the world?". Maybe that's what drives him. Interesting example of "out of the box" thought. Thanks for the link.

Some folks were having trouble with the Kodak site. Finally got the pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back