Building a slab table...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for convincing my wife

i showed this to my wife and i think she finally agrees that buying all this equiptment might actually be a good idea.

beautiful work!

very inspirational.

Was this table for personal use or for a paying customer? How much does a table like that go for?

It looks like it is VERY heavy. How much does it weigh?

Hey Aggie
How deep are your "bowtie" inlays? I bought the same inlay kit you recommended and the router bit won't slide into the guide 1/2 inch so the inlay must be shallower than that. Thank you.

Was this table for personal use or for a paying customer? How much does a table like that go for?

It looks like it is VERY heavy. How much does it weigh?

Customer, 4-5K. About 500 lbs.

Hey Aggie
How deep are your "bowtie" inlays? I bought the same inlay kit you recommended and the router bit won't slide into the guide 1/2 inch so the inlay must be shallower than that. Thank you.

3/8" which is about the max depth for the kit but I only use it for cutting the edge. I use a 1/2" bit on a different router for roughing out the mortise.

I have an appointment this weekend with a new client. I'll be building an 11' long desk from some trees that blew down on their property in a storm.

Last edited:
Back