Bulk Saw Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Former Saw Builder

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Where can you get the best deal on bulk saw chain? We go thru several thousand feet per year and are looking for a good supplier.

Stihl, Oregon or whatever? Baileys and madsens have the best deals for Oregon or Carlton. You can't get Stihl except from a Stihl dealer...but you can get it cheap from Madsens if you are in Washington...
J.D.

edritchey said:
Where can you get the best deal on bulk saw chain? We go thru several thousand feet per year and are looking for a good supplier.

If you use that much you can work directly with Stihl(if that's the chain you want) I've seen it done.

I had trouble with a retailer a couple weeks ago about bar chain oil and oil mix, the guys here told me to go to the distributer and I found we used enough product that they were glad to talk to us. Most of our chain comes from Baileys, but if it isn't the brand you want and you use a bit of chain I would go to the distributer as has been mentioned earlier. Competetion is stiff on this chain saw merchandise and you should get a square deal.;)

I Sell Stihl,Carlton,Windsor,Total,& Oregon chain right now... the best deal I can get is on the Total chain because it is what I sell the most of in my area... The loggers around here like it so it sells well... and since I sell so muck of it I get a good deal but I was wondering where every body else was buying chain and what was a average price for a roll of chain around the country... If I can get a good quality chain cheaper somewhere else is what i'm looking for.

The best prices I ever saw I think was Commercial Cutters Direct in syracuse, but the prices must have been too good, because they are apparently out of business now.... Bailey's has very good prices as well, and are great to deal with

Matthew

edritchey said:
I Sell Stihl,Carlton,Windsor,Total,& Oregon chain right now... the best deal I can get is on the Total chain because it is what I sell the most of in my area... The loggers around here like it so it sells well... and since I sell so muck of it I get a good deal but I was wondering where every body else was buying chain and what was a average price for a roll of chain around the country... If I can get a good quality chain cheaper somewhere else is what i'm looking for.

Dude, if you are a retailer, the distributers should be on your door step.:confused:

If you are buying 2000ft there is a nice price break from Stihl that allows for a very nice profit.. Another break at 3000' that allows for a better profit. There is also the plaques at the "mile club".

Bill

Around here we sell Stihl chain (not mail order) in bulk (100 foot boxes) to our pro customers for $25-$40 or so more than cost... If they are really bulk buyers, we need to compete with Madsens...

skwerl said:
My local Stihl dealers suck, a 100' roll of RS is almost $450 here.

Yikes... If we can get $250-275, we're happy... I'd shop around... I see guys selling genuine Stihl Chain on Ebay all the time and they get about $250 - 275 for it...

I don't ebay but I have friends looking for me now. I did pick up a roll of 3/8" RS for $250, looking for .325, .050 gauge RS now.

Ed, sorry for the hijack. But almost all of us are end users, you need to look at the wholesale suppliers. Most of us buy chain from folks like you. :)

I have never asked my dealer about 100' rolls, bet he would deal a bit on that. Gonna go see him tomorrow...maybe I'll ask a few questions,
J.D.

Latest posts

Back